• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

What do I do AFTER I frameserve out of Vegas?

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
....I completely forget what I have to do next :-( :x
I frameserved out of Vegas w/ TMPGEnc and have a mpg file.
I seem to remember demuxing it (?) but am unsure and misplaced my step by step list I made to prevent me asking dumb questions like this... so, lil' help :)
I would like to convert to Xvid or AVI or something small pending approval before making a DVD so thats what I am trying to do at the moment.
I know this was answerd for me already but I looked through the forum posts and cant find it
Thanks (and sorry)

Edit - seems like I am ready to go from here, I was having all these oddball errors w/ vidomi when I tried to convert to AVI and that threw me off. I think the XVID codec was somehow uninstalled or corrupted, I reinstalled and its converting fine.
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think I am OK....??!!

to get an avi from your mpg, just use autogk, set the size or quality you want, add the job and start.

cant vegas export an avi anyway?

Yes, it can - but TMPGEnc reduces errors and improves quality.
I just had a massive brain fart since I havent had to follow these steps in almost 5 months.
Thanks for the tips guys!

Back
Top Bottom