• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

What are your favorite bands/artists?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
Duragizer said:
This past week, I discovered Ace of Base

I didn't think there was anyone who was alive in 1993 that hadn't heard The Sign yet...

Good god, I thought I had repressed memories of junior high dances. THANKS Ace of Base...

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
Duragizer said:

I didn't think there was anyone who was alive in 1993 that hadn't heard The Sign yet...

I'd heard the insipid song before. Just never knew which band was responsible for it.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
TVs Frink said:
Duragizer said:

I'd heard the insipid song before. Just never knew which band was irresponsible for it.

WIR

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was compelled to add Neil Cicierega to my list.

eaf6f4393d0fa15a4a2adc0ec55ff6a8.jpg

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been obsessed with Neil Cicierega lately.

Collipso

Reaction score
Trophy Points
what i've been listening to recently, which are basically my favorite artists, in this order:

- The Beatles & their solo careers
- Caetano Veloso
- Gilberto Gil
- Pink Floyd
- Led Zeppelin

from there, there's all kinds of stuff. i really like Eminem, Lana Del Rey, Arctic Monkeys... i really like Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande, though i don't like anything she did before or has done since, etc.

both Caetano Veloso and Gilberto Gil are brazilian musicians that started off in the late 60's and are imo the best singer/songwriters we've ever had.

Caetano Veloso has this album Transa, which might be my favorite brazilian album ever, and it has a couple of songs in english if any of you are interested, because he lived in London during that period of his life for political reasons.

anyway, yeah.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I personally love listening to an artist named Quadeca who has made some of the best music I've ever heard and I really can't wait for his new album to come out that I've been waiting for a quite a while now.

Here is some of his music:

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Today I have listened through most of the albums by Lemon Demon (Neil Cicirega pretending to be a band).
My favorite album is Damn Skippy, I can actually remember most of the songs from it, they're catchy and enjoyable.
Live From the Haunted Candle Shop is probably my least favorite, I can't remember any of the songs except for the Birdhouse in your Soul cover, which was pretty good.

Of course, I can't judge based on hearing them all once, It'll take some time to fully grasp it all.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My music taste has changed a LOT recently.

Personally at the moment I love listening to
- The Strokes
- Arctic Monkeys
- Tyler, The Creator
- My Chemical Romance

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have difficulty identifying favorites, because everyone does something amazing but you might just not be in the mood for it at the time.  So I'm gonna list "standbys" -- things that work pretty well no matter what mood you're in.  Also, trying to highlight artists I don't already see well-represented here, for flavor.

For ambience:
Pretty much anything by Georges Brassens makes me inexplicably happy, but I don't understand a word of French
Living City by the Colorifics is a generally relaxing and upbeat soundtrack to daily life
Pinback (self-titled or Blue Screen Life) is stupid fun

For more active listening:
Guero by Beck is really very listenable for Beck
How can you not like anything by Marvin Gaye?
I Often Dream of Trains by Robyn Hitchcock is a damned masterpiece, and Invisible Hitchcock is pretty close
Pretty much anything by Los Lobos is solid
Short, Sharp, Shocked by Michelle Shocked has aged very, very well (except the hidden track at the end)
Similarly, My Aim is True by Elvis Costello has aged very well
No matter what mood you're in now, Elliott Smith (self-titled/buildings) will put you in a miserable mood for a month
House Tornado by Throwing Muses is a surprise great album by a band I am generally pretty meh about
A Ma Zone by Zap Mama is a great album (minus track 1) by a band I generally don't get and usually dislike

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was compelled to add Neil Cicierega to my list.

Decided to remove him. Figured I couldn't rightly consider him a favourite if it's only his mashup albums I love.

Added Sarah Jarosz & Meg Myers to my list.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh nooo l forgot about this thread, please nobody read my posts from four years ago l was cringe. I mean l still am, but at least l don't have Disturbed as one of my favorite bands anymore.

Some of my current favorite bands, let's see...
Worriers are at the top, essential queer band, l got to see them live recently and made a fool of myself talking to the singer.
NOFX, first punk band l really got into, l don't listen to them a bunch anymore but nonetheless part of my musical journey since my first post.
Lemon Demon l have gotten much more into since my last posts about them. Nature Tapes, Spirit Phone, and the aforementioned Damn Skippy are where it's at.
My Chemical Romance is a band l used to make fun of, lumping them in with garbage like Fallout Boy and Imagine Dragons. But then l watched and loved Umbrella Academy, and seeing Gerard Way's name in the credits l decided to bite the bullet and give them a chance. I'm glad l did, cuz they're really good.
The Mountain Goats, l was introduced to via the joke song they did for The Last Jedi. I went on to listen to more, l haven't listened to it all because there's a lot, but l've listened to enough to know that l reeally like them.
The Protomen, Nirvana, Styx, Voltaire, and SOAD all mentioned on the first page are still amongst my faves.

Most of the time when l listen to music these days, l put on shitty 90's/00's alt rock, it's not good but it's catchy and comforting. I wouldn't put any of those bands in my favorites though (aside from mcr but that's different).

Hendo69

Reaction score
Trophy Points
While the last couple of albums have disappointed, Pearl Jam are still my favourite band. A close second is Tesla.

PanteraSteel

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hard Rock/Metal for me

Heaven & Hell
Black Sabbath
Rainbow
Deep Purple
Uriah Heep (Criminally underrated)
Alice In Chains
Audioslave
Soundgarden
Bad Company
Slayer
Metallica
Megadeth
Anthrax
Testament
Overkill
Exodus
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Down
Superjoint Ritual
En Minor
Rex Brown Band
Ozzy (Rhoads Years)
Jimi Hendrix
Led Zeppelin
AC/DC
Dio
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Damageplan
Rebel Meets Rebel
HellYeah

Bonus points if you can guess my favorite band...

PanteraSteel

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pantera wouldn't be your favorite band would it? I love your list. Mostly.
How did you guess?? LOL. I'm on a DIO kick right now. Rockin through the old 80's records on a sunday afternoon.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ben Kenney (bassist for incubus)
Kind of like a punkier indie foo fighters vibe music wise.
Favorite album is definitely Burn The Tapes

Top Bottom