• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

What are your favorite bands/artists?

Crimson713

Reaction score
Trophy Points
baileym43 said:
Adabisi said:
But honestly, I hardly ever listen to AC/DC or Black Sabbath any more. Because I don't have to. I know every riff, every solo, every lyric, every bass line  and every drum hit. If I ever want to hear Paranoid or Let There Be Rock, I just close my eyes and there it is.

i was thinking of my own personal old standby bands list and realized i don't listen to them much anymore.
and you nailed it; that is why.  i never really realized it until i read that.

but anyway, these are the bands that was never not included in a mix tape; never left my disc changer; was always present on any mp3 player i had.

Green Day
Garbage
Godsmack
Metallica 
Offspring

That's an interesting thought, having such encyclopaedic knowledge of your favorite bands that you can replay them in your head. I do this too, I just never had a way to describe it. Neat.

An interesting question for the whole thread along that train of thought: What's the one album you can't live without? For me, it's "...And Justice For All."

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Somebody has a thing for "G" bands I see.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Today's shout-out goes to Too Much Joy / Wonderlick  (F-bomb warning on first song)

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow!

The Beatles
The Doors
Hank Williams
Johnny Cash
Led Zeppelin
Queen
Black Sabbath
Blue Öyster Cült
Pink Floyd
Yes
Nirvana
The Who
Deep Purple/Rainbow
Fleetwood Mac
The Carpenters
Frank Sinatra
Jefferson Starship/Airplane
Kansas
Styx
Foreigner
Guns-n-Roses (first CD only)
Metallica (first four CDs only)
The Moody Blues
Eric Clapton (and every band he was in)
Jeff Buckley
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Simon & Garfunkle
Jim Croce
Carol King
Jerry Joseph
Bread
The Eagles
The Statler Brothers
Tommy James
Firefall
Pearl Jam/Mother Love Bone
Stone Temple Pilots
Alice in Chains
Soungarden
Audioslave
Rage Against The Machine
Tool
Primus
R.E.M.
Live
Shinedown
10 Years

I may have left a couple out.

The one album that I can't live without...either
The Doors Greatest Hits
The Beatles 1961-1967
Or
Pink Floyd Animals

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Adabisi said:
Crimson713 said:
Adabisi said:
But far and away, my favourite blues artist is Blind Willie Johnson. He had a voice like no one else. He was doing the whole harsh/clean juxtaposition 70 years before Mikael Aker

How in the hell  have I missed this all my life!? I'm a real big fan of Robert Johnson and Albert King, but this is some next level innovation. Damn, this is good. Thanks for posting it!

He's incredible. Get The Complete Blind Willie Johnson. I've never heard any pre-war blues (or even post for that matter) like it.

He'll yeah! Any rocker worth his sack will take it all off and bow down to those three greats! You could add Chet Atkins to the mix if you are into lightning fast fingerstyle.

Yet one more artist that the mighty Zep robbed blind. No pun intended.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I confused that with the Alan Parsons Project.

Collipso

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Arctic Monkeys. i listen to several other artists and genres though, it's just that these 3 are my favorites by a very large margin.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I listen to a lot of music, and some of my favourite albums are not by my favourite artists. All the same:

My brother forced me to listen to Led Zep when I was younger during a time when I only listened to classical music, and boy was I glad that my eyes were opened. 

Yes introduced me to progressive music and they remain a favourite to this day. 

mewithoutYou made me realise you that you merge genres and not be progressive, that you can be heavy and poetic. His lyrics are awesome. 

Starflyer 59

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't have favorites but heres some of the bands/artists I listen to often:
Queen
Jerry Goldsmith
Pink Floyd
Elmer Bernstein
Devo
Basil Poledouris
Ozzy Osbourne
Beethoven
my dog barking in his sleep with his eyes open
Mozart
the James Gang
Wagner
the Electric Prunes
Elliot Goldenthal
Deep Purple
John Williams
The Ventures
Ennio Morricone
Jefferson Airplane
Franz Waxman
The Police
Bach
Cheap Trick
Michael Kamen (before the cheap synthesizer stuff)
Supertramp
Gustav Holst
Van Halen
Richard Strauss
the West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band
Vangelis
Kiss
Alan Silvestri in the 80s/90s
Clear Light
Rimsky-Korsakov
the Beach Boys
ect.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The only music by Vangelis I've listened to is the soundtrack to Blade Runner, which I've started listening to, a lot.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
The only music by Vangelis I've listened to is the soundtrack to Blade Runner, which I've started listening to, a lot.

This is a Vangelis must too:

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This past week, I discovered Ace of Base, and through them Linn Berggren. Aside from their first album, I don't care for the band that much, but I have become a fan of Linn. Her voice is angelic and I've fallen in love with it. This song, in particular, brought me close to tears with its intensity:

It's a loss to the world that she didn't embark on a solo career.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
This is a Vangelis must too:

Thank you for sharing! I've never seen this film but growing up in the 90s I heard that song used only in parodies my whole life. I'd always wondered how everyone shooting a slow motion race always decided to use the same music.

Listening again, it's a great piece of music, I'll have to track down the film to see it as intended.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ You might also like his score for the Bounty.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
This past week, I discovered Ace of Base

I didn't think there was anyone who was alive in 1993 that hadn't heard The Sign yet...

Top Bottom