• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

What are you listening to at the moment?

kinnikuman

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rage Against the Matchine - The Battle Of Los Angeles

This is probably the greatest heavy groove spoken word album of all time for me. It channels some of the rage inside of me about things we don't talk about here and hits that message home with the grooves in a visceral way. Just fantastic sound.
I have that on vinyl - great great album. Curious if they will ever make new music

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Brandon Boyd's vocals seem to be making a resurgence! Definitely sounds healthier than when I saw them months ago. :)

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I met them in their heyday. He can sing but Hoobastank was better thar night.
I remember the first time I heard and saw the video for Crawling in the Dark, I thought it was a new incubus single. Their (Hoobastank) "They Sure Don't Make Basketball Shorts Like they used to" album was pretty good as was their self titled. I lost interest after those though. I met Brandon Boyd's cousin in a goodwill of all places when I wore an incubus shirt. Fun times. :)

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought the same thing about "Crawling in The Dark". I only liked the one Incubus album and the first two Hoobastank albums. I had barbecued ribs in Birmingham with Doug Robb. It was awesome! Then that sappy song, "The Reason" redefined them. I liked it the first few hundred times but...same thing with Incubus. How many times can you actually tolerate "Drive"? The only one worse would be "How You Remind Me". My seven year old granddaughter loves that song but has no clue who sings it.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought the same thing about "Crawling in The Dark". I only liked the one Incubus album and the first two Hoobastank albums. I had barbecued ribs in Birmingham with Doug Robb. It was awesome! Then that sappy song, "The Reason" redefined them. I liked it the first few hundred times but...same thing with Incubus. How many times can you actually tolerate "Drive"? The only one worse would be "How You Remind Me".
Blasphemy! :p
I actually love Drive. I hear you with the Reason though. That song killed Hoobastank for me. I've heard Doug Robb is pretty chill.
I've appreciated that incubus will create alternative versions of some of their songs. Here's a bass remix of drive.

Eyepainter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't consider myself much of a country fan, but wow. The lyrics to this song aged very well and still hit very hard.

INIGHTMARES

FE Academy Member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Been jamming to this and similar when I can while editing.

Eyepainter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm on a classical music binge, and I've adopted a dangerous love for the work of Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov. This, and Scheherazade are now my therapy.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After a few spins I'd rank the new Foo Fighters album songs this way.
1. Rescued 9/10 - straight forward Foo with great energy and rythms during the verse.
2. Under You 8/10 - classic Foo feel with modern foo sound. Fun and light.
3. Hearing Voices 7.5/10 - love the vibe of the verse, the pre chorus doesn't match the same vibe and is a bit jarring. Still a good song, but perhaps could use a Fanedit.
4. But Here We Are 9/10 - LOVE. The rythms on this one. So much percussiveness on each of the instruments.
5. The Glass 6/10 - a bit of a buzz kill song imo.
6. Nothing At All 7/10 - fun quirky vibe verses with building chaotic wall of sound verses. Verse is a bit lack luster though.
7. Show Me How 9/10 - electric razor lullaby song. Hypnotic guitar chords, tight snare and hihat work and a great duet between Dave and his daughter.
8. Beyond Me 6/10 - poppy soft rock song. Not really my thing
9. The Teacher 6/10 - Too much, too disjointed, too long.
10. Rest 4/10 - interesting recording on this song. Solo dry guitar and vocals then static bleed out.

Like most Foo Fighters albums 6 good songs that would make a constant rotation in my Foo Fighters mix. While I love bands that constant reinvent themselves and branch out musically, I do love how Foo stays relatively constant and is always refinig their sound.

futon88

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm planning out my Hackers edit in my head so I've got some 90s era Underworld on a loop (Rez, Cowgirl, Dirty Epic, etc.).

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
New Judas Priest coming in March. Sounds like a more energized take on the past few albums. As much as I'd wish for them to try something like Nostradamus again, I'll settle for Angel of Retribution 4.0

Top Bottom