• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

What are the computer specification of the FanEditors?

Veepu

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do you have an specific specs of computer to those who FanEdit...

Thank you....

if you have a pc or a mac that you can install on a decent video editing application and you can rip dvd movies as well, then you are pretty much set. my walking dead fanedit was done on a 4 year old pc ( i have my awesome laptop now :p)

It depends on what you're editing with. I made Transformers on a dual core Pentium with 2GB of ram, but in order to move to HD editing i'm currently building a six-core AMD 3.3 GHz with 16GB of ram and a dedicated 1GB video card.

I'm on the high end: I have an Intel Core i7 2.66GHz with 16GB RAM and a dedicated EVGA nVidia 560ti w/ 1GB RAM.

If you aren't using HD and don't mind long rendering times, you don't need a fancy-pants computer ;)

TV's Frink said:
If you aren't using HD and don't mind long rendering times, you don't need a fancy-pants computer ;)

Like: Intel Core2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz and 4.0GB RAM. ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series. It's not very fast, but I have never been frustrated with it and as long as I feel like that, it will continue to suffice.

Cool! Thanks guys.

But I have tried editing HD (and render it too) in a Dual Core with a 2GB of RAM.

When rendering
I don't render the entire movie, I render them 1 by 1. Like render 30 minutes for today then another 30 on the next day and so on.

I merge them with muxer or something...

But a faster computer would be great.... Thanks for the reply...

Veepu said:
Cool! Thanks guys.

But I have tried editing HD (and render it too) in a Dual Core with a 2GB of RAM.

When rendering
I don't render the entire movie, I render them 1 by 1. Like render 30 minutes for today then another 30 on the next day and so on.

I merge them with muxer or something...

But a faster computer would be great.... Thanks for the reply...

Depending on how intelligently the editing program you are using is designed, your 30 minute divisions shouldn't make a difference. That is just a function of hard drive storage space.

i am using SOny Vegas Pro 10, I am learning how to use Adobe Premiere CS5.5...

Back
Top Bottom