• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

What’s your favorite little detail in a fan edit you’ve seen?

gleem

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Something like a funny cut that changes a scene or a music choice that’s an Easter egg or just fits really good. For example I haven’t seen it but I love the opening credits music for Star Beast Grindhouse being Space Trucking ‘Round Mars since that’s exactly what the Nostromo is doing.

Definitely this beautiful and nerdy alteration in Hal 9000's The Rise Of Skywalker: Ascendant, where they change Leia's lightsaber color to purple because Carrie Fisher expressed a preference for it in a Force Awakens interview. *insert tears here*

Recently been going through all of the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull edits here. They all have their moments for sure, but I came across a random one I have never heard of called The City of the Gods. Its basically a super truncated version that keeps the pace up. I've seen a lot of people try their take on Indy and Spalko's initial conversation. Some pull it off, others not so much, and sometimes even the good ones have necessary continuity issues. But City of the Gods cuts it perfectly so as to have Spalko completely walk past Jones and move on with the plot. Nothing about it stands out as an obvious edit, but I laughed really hard at how easily it was done and how much better the scene flowed!

I see too many little gems to have just one favorite, but my shortlist certainly includes 007's shower scene in @Problem Eliminator 's edit of Skyfall.
It changes a creepy scene suggesting non-consensual sex into a mutually desired moment of escapism. The changes are small, but together they transform the scene beautifully.

Definitely this beautiful and nerdy alteration in Hal 9000's The Rise Of Skywalker: Ascendant, where they change Leia's lightsaber color to purple because Carrie Fisher expressed a preference for it in a Force Awakens interview. *insert tears here*

Recently been going through all of the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull edits here. They all have their moments for sure, but I came across a random one I have never heard of called The City of the Gods. Its basically a super truncated version that keeps the pace up. I've seen a lot of people try their take on Indy and Spalko's initial conversation. Some pull it off, others not so much, and sometimes even the good ones have necessary continuity issues. But City of the Gods cuts it perfectly so as to have Spalko completely walk past Jones and move on with the plot. Nothing about it stands out as an obvious edit, but I laughed really hard at how easily it was done and how much better the scene flowed!

This man is torturing himself by watching kingdom of the crystal skull on a loop lol j/k.

My favourite editing moment has to be the endings to the hobbit battle of the five edits. The special thanks at the ending of each episode was a lovely touch.

Alien-Ate by TMBTM, there's a fun easter egg where a character says "TMBTM" at one point. On a side note, go watch Alien-Ate if you want a better Alien Ressurection, it's awesome and has a vastly different ending with some very impressive vfx work. There's plenty of "little details" in this edit to fill this thread.

Lmao that's insane. Do you like the original?

Out of curiosity: is this just you enjoying seeing the movie this many times or are you looking for a definitive version to use as your 'go-to' version and doing your due diligence?

I saw it in theaters when it came out and I was booing by the time the credits rolled. I haven't seen it again up until recently. Over time wounds heal and the pain is remembered less and less.

Long story short, I thought I would see what could be done and now I've spent too much time in the fray. The unsolvable has activated my adhd and I am making preparations for my own edit somewhere off in the future.

As for another favorite edit detail I enjoyed (I guess it's more of a vfx detail), Adywan's Empire Strikes Back Revisited had a slight touch applied, in what most would consider a blasphemous move to the Yoda puppet's mouth. Lightly touching up the lip sync to near perfection. I mean, I can't stop staring at it. But it's great work and it's done in a way that doesn't over do it and acts more as a compliment to the puppeteer work than an overbearing attempt to out do the original.

Last edited:
I saw it in theaters when it came out and I was booing by the time the credits rolled. I haven't seen it again up until recently. Over time wounds heal and the pain is remembered less and less.

Long story short, I thought I would see what could be done and now I've spent too much time in the fray. The unsolvable has activated my adhd and I am making preparations for my own edit somewhere off in the future.

As for another favorite edit detail I enjoyed (I guess it's more of a vfx detail), Adywan's Empire Strikes Back Revisited had a slight touch applied, in what most would consider a blasphemous move to the Yoda puppet's mouth. Lightly touching up the lip sync to near perfection. I mean, I can't stop staring at it. But it's great work and it's done in a way that doesn't over do it and acts more as a compliment to the puppeteer work than an overbearing attempt to out do the original.

Thats a great idea with the lip sync! Sounds like your crystal skull journey is about the same as mine. I also decided to edit myself after seeing a few edits first.

Adywan's Revisited for sure, fixing a lot of technical errors and things you'd never even notice in the SW OT if someone didn't point it out to you. Everyone praises the bigger fixes, but I love the smaller ones like removing the lightsaber wire up Luke's sleeve, R2's dome lights being consistant, Aunt Beru's voice from the mono mix, fixing background continuity stuff, all amazing.

Almost everything in Uncanny Antman's T3: The Coming Storm. The smallest things like fixing an incorrent callsign on a plane for one shot, removing a small metal bar for continuity, freezing Arnold's face for some shots to make his reactions more terminator like, adding and replacing info on HUDs, fixing stunt cables visable, and a lot of not even mentioned changes. It's by far one of the most detailed edits and one that completed changed my opinion on the film. Cannot reccomend it enough.

I would like to see your edit of yourself. I thought the monkey was pretty good.
Sooooo I've read this comment 5 times now and I still don't understand what you're saying. :p

That's because I put the wrong thing. I meant to say Mario not monkey.

OOOOH I see what I did wrong there. No. I did not edit myself. I considered it, but I didn't want to ruin a classic.

Back
Top Bottom