• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Weird Womble frame problem (stepping)

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, gang, I just fell into a doozy of an issue, and I'd love to get some technical feedback on it. I started my KOTCS edit, and everything was going fine... until suddenly, the left and right arrow keys on my keyboard started jumping eight frames at a time. They do the normal one-frame back-and-forth whenever coming immediately out of a jump (or full-screen zoom) ordered through the output monitor, but whenever I do anything - jump around in the Time Line, make a cut, etc. - poof, they start skipping eight frames again. Always eight frames. After reading this thread, I fiddled with the options that result from right-clicking on the Time Line itself (and repeatedly selected "1 frame"), but to no avail.

I've done a few edits, one working from about as large a core file size, and I've got a very generous 15 gigs of free hard drive space. (I started a new, very small project, same problem.) I'll run a defrag tonight, in case that helps, but I've got to lick this issue one way or another, or editing will be pure torture. :razz:

As always, any help/advice would be much appreciated. :)

I have experienced this same problem.

1) Reinstalling Womble worked for me and was my best solution if I could be bothered to do it. My old projects loaded up fine.

2) I found if I clicked the otuput window to zoom in, moved the left and right buttons a few frames and then zoomed back out, I was back to
the old one frame at a time, rather than eight. The problem did recur though.

3) I once found a solution in the manual, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. I believe it had something to do with I-frames,
but don't quote me on it, as I'm not sure. I remember that I had inadvertantly clicked on and activated an option, but being a dimwit I
can't remember what it was at present. I'll see if I can figure it out and let you know.

The student becomes the master... the circle is complete! :)

Re-installed, and it's working fine again... let's hope it stays that way. :p Thanks!

:lol: Very Star Wars!

Glad you've fixed your problem. If it does come back at some point, you can always reinstall again. I've had to do so a couple of times, but the issue doesn't seem to crop up too often, so it's not too much of a pain.

Glad you fixed it. Should this happen again...

womble.jpg

Click on that button (when highlighted, it will say "Step") until the one line is highlighted. Sometimes a bit of careless clicking or something like that will cause that to change, but it's easily fixed. :)

Many thanks for the advice, Aztek463! That is indeed how I once solved it. This'll save me from having to reinstall - or even worse, remember - next time. Nice one! :D

Back
Top Bottom