• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Weird Revenge of the Sith Problem

corgicar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, I'm having this really weird problem with RoS. The m2v's I make out the ripped vobs have the opening crawl as well as "A long time ago" flashing about in different languages. How the heck can I avoid that?

I've ripped it with DvdFab and DVD Decryptor, and I get the same thing. There's something really basic I'm missing.

Thanks!

it might be a type of copy pertection, try a anydvd trial and sdee it that works.. i encountered this problem with a star wars rip a while back not sure how i fixed it though...

there might be different versions of the movie on this DVD and it might use seamless branching. If you are able to get the english version of it, you should be set.

Or possibly a multi-angle thing, a lot of DVDs use multiple angles to provide onscreen titles is different languages.

Use DVD shrink. Go to re-author, select title 1, making sure it's the English language angle. Make sure the compression is set to none of course, cause it'll try to compress it because that's what the program's actually designed to do, then rip to your hard drive.

edit
-------
sorry didn't realize this thread was so old. you probably had it figured out by now.

Back
Top Bottom