• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Weird DVD Lab Problem NTSC/PAL

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
im building a project with multiple files that are sized 720x480, run at 29.97 FPS and are tagged NTSC. when i import them into DVD lab pro they show up as NTSC in the assets window but when i add them to a movie they show up as PAL.

when i click on the compile button i get a warning that the project files are PAL and when i change the project to PAL i get the same warning but now saying they are NTSC files. :???:

i haven't burnt the project yet and i dont forsee any major problems as my player quite happily accepts NTSc. i was just wondering what the problem might be?

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Did you convert those movies from PAL to NTSC using
CCE and DGPulldown?

If so, I think you forget to change the ratio size during the CCE conversion. If I remember correctly from one of my own problems half year ago, I had to clearly say it would become 720 x 480 and disable ratio aspect.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
no ive actually stopped using CCE recently as everytime i try to convert something it just drops out somewhere in the first pass with a wierd error about vbv or soemthng (i'll post a screen when i get home)

i used ultra quicktime converter and the resolution was set to 720x480 and like i say dvd lab recognises it as NTSC.

will try burning tonight and let you know what the outcome is, anyway thanks for the input T-H.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Then I have no idea.... :-(

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
me neither, thanks for trying though :)

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
is it possible that perhpas everything is ntsc format except for the framerate? I know you mentioned it being 29.97 but maybe for some reeason it was done with a 24fps. A good/fast way to check that is using one of the virtual dub mods. Load your file in and look under the framerate tab. It is the only app I know that will truly show you the rate your file is in (ex ntsc 23.97 even though every app will say 29.97, they are not showing that its 23.97 with pull down. Vdub mod shows this)

worth a shot

Top Bottom