• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Waterworld - The Ulysses Cut Revised Edition

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i'm an idiot. i was waiting impatiently for this to be posted on FE.info and of course it's been posted in unapproved forever, lol...

so downloading now :) i've actually seen several versions in the last few months (theatrical, extended, encore, ulysses) and of course this seems to be the ultimate cut - interested to compare them! - thanks ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

lev_arris

Reaction score
Trophy Points
First of all: I really had a lot of fun watching this 'Ulysses Cut' of Waterworld.

The audio and video quality is perfect and I didn't notice a single mistake, editing-wise. It truly seemed like a seamless effort, flowing by without ever making me notice I was watching a FanEdit. And aside from the technical qualities, the film also got a lot better. It now seems more like one of those big movie classics rather than the troubled mistake in film history it was known as before. Sure: the film keeps its flaws - and is not, ultimately, a great film. But with this edit, it is at least a complete and nice watching experience - and I don't see any reason to go back to either the theatrical version or the Exended Cut. This will be my final version of Waterworld from now on and I will be most pleased to recommend it to my friends.

All of those interested in revisiting Waterworld should give 'The Ulysses Cut' a try - it is well worth your time! Great job, Zaacharias! And since I am so happy with this edit, I see no reason why not to give it an overall of 10 stars (the missing extras are more than made up for with the integrated subtitles and the German-language-dub).

Zaaacharias

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lev_arris said:
Great job, Zaacharias!
Thanks for your praise!

About the missing extras: I would have loved to add a making of or any other nice bonus material but Cédric and I coulnd't find anything usefull. Does anyone know if there is a Making of of Waterworld or Interviews with the cast about the movie? I searched on a lot of international DVD, BluRay, HDDVD and Laser Disk releases but couldn't find a thing. Did I miss something?

Zaaacharias

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Leper Messiah TR said:
there's nudity in waterworld? :shock:
Yeah, you can see Helen's behind for a moment (seems to be a body double)
cap021.jpg

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i truly hope not, ive been fantasizing about that arse for years :(

Zaaacharias

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
i truly hope not, ive been fantasizing about that arse for years :(
sorry mate, wasn't my intention to destroy your fantasies ;)
The camera angle is chosen so that you can't see her face. So this means to me that they wanted to hide something.
But this is pure speculation. Don't let this ruin your fantasies!

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
boobs and bush probably (mores the pity) dont worry fantasy is still very much intact.

funny really as i always thought that Jeanne Tripplehorn was an appropriate name for the actress...

anyway i know the edits been approved now but i'd just like to say thanks for a great job well done, you really nailed this one mate and have definitely changed my mind since the start of this thread about which version i will be watching from now on.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
after seeing her get railed by michael doulglas in basic instinct I doubt she minds showing her ass.

sub_atomic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This cut is incredible! I haven't seen Waterworld since it came out, when I was 14. I do not remember it being this good. It's not perfect, but no fault to Zaaacharias. I couldn't find one moment where I felt the presence of a fan editor. Seamless. I'm on my way to vote as high as possible.

This might be old news, but IMDb's 'alternate versions' page for Waterworld lists the ABC TV edit that later became the extended cut, but then further down the page it says a re-edit appeared on the USA channel with "somewhere between 20 and 30 minutes of new previously unreleased footage." Can anyone shed any light on this? Is that 30 minutes of footage not included in Extended Cut DVD? It's hard to tell by the wording.

Here's the link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114898/alternateversions

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can anyone shed any light on this? Is that 30 minutes of footage not included in Extended Cut DVD? It's hard to tell by the wording.
I'm no expert on this but according to wikipedia,
Despite these heavy edits, this 176-minute version was praised by fans of the film for the previously-unseen footage it contained and was widely bootlegged, and increased in popularity over the years, as the extended cut was syndicated on stations like Bravo, USA, and AMC. However, most of these stations only included 20 to 30 minutes of the extra footage, and not the full 40 minutes or so of the extended ABC cut. Scenes were still missing, especially excluding the Mount Everest ending in some broadcasts. It wasn't shown in its entirety until the full ABC cut, with commercials, was finally seen on Sci Fi Channel. The Sci Fi cut remains the most complete cut of the film to date.
Looks like those 30 minutes are all included in the previously added 40 minutes.

So, uh, the Sci Fi cut = the ABC cut = extended dvd = Ulysses Cut Revised Edition - (minus) mature content, right?

sub_atomic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
zeppelinrox said:
Can anyone shed any light on this? Is that 30 minutes of footage not included in Extended Cut DVD? It's hard to tell by the wording.
I'm no expert on this but according to wikipedia,[quote:2o5ng2s8]Despite these heavy edits, this 176-minute version was praised by fans of the film for the previously-unseen footage it contained and was widely bootlegged, and increased in popularity over the years, as the extended cut was syndicated on stations like Bravo, USA, and AMC. However, most of these stations only included 20 to 30 minutes of the extra footage, and not the full 40 minutes or so of the extended ABC cut. Scenes were still missing, especially excluding the Mount Everest ending in some broadcasts. It wasn't shown in its entirety until the full ABC cut, with commercials, was finally seen on Sci Fi Channel. The Sci Fi cut remains the most complete cut of the film to date.
Looks like those 30 minutes are all included in the previously added 40 minutes.

So, uh, the Sci Fi cut = the ABC cut = extended dvd = Ulysses Cut Revised Edition - (minus) mature content, right?[/quote:2o5ng2s8]So the awesome Ulysses Cut is the most extended version of Waterworld available. Excellent! Thanks for the reply.

S

slick1109

Am I missing something here? I see the "changes" link and the 2 links to download the "covers" but WHERE is the link to DOWNLOAD the movie???

-Slick

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yes, where the hell is the download link? And where is your brain, slick? ;-)
READ!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ooh, we can download slick's brain? Cooooool!

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Believe me that IS going easy on him...

on a personal note it is utterly beyond me that people cant find FANEDIT(s, the ).INFO is staring you right in the face... :roll:

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maybe there should be a section in the top right corner of the main site regarding downloading with a heading stating "Downloads"

oh wait...

Top Bottom