• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Warning: If you frameserve from Vegas to tmpg or others

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
for my recent project I had to frameserve from Vegas into the tmpg encoder (DebugMode FrameServer is what was used for this and it works wonders, find it here http://www.debugmode.com/frameserver ) as this saves me a huge step

What I was not aware of is that Vegas had the wrong info listed for my project. In turn tmpg saw this wrong info, and long story short, I have to re-do my project due to nasty blurry/jerky motion.

For VEGAS users: before you frameserve, click file (top left) and then properties. This will show you what is being used for the current project and this is where you can set the program straight. Hit apply and then ok

Have fun encoding

Why frameserve from Vegas...I had really good results encoding from there. Better than everything else I tried....

I had crappy results from vegas even with it set to best and as an uncompressed avi. I could not believe I saw digital artifacting in the background.

At any rate since I am going straight back to an mpeg2 to make a dvd, cutting out the whole avi part of it saves you a considerable amount of time and especially space. This is why most people frameserve to begin with.

Ah, I think I understand.

I frameserved MPEG into Vegas, then encoded to MPEG @ HQ settings (I also used DVD-Architect and they are handily linked)...making my AVI later.

ahh ok my clips to start with are mpeg and I want to keep them that way while at the same time cutting out the middle man (avi). Saves a step and a lot of space

Back
Top Bottom