• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

War of the Worlds: Independence Day

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Title: War of the Worlds: Independence Day
Editor: geKKo
Released: July 30, 2008
Runtime: 125 minutes
Video: 854 x 480 (16:9), 29.97fps, H.264, 1370kbps
Audio: 48kHz Stereo, AAC, 160kbps

This is a re-edit of Independence Day with War of the Worlds footage mixed into it (similar to my Armageddon/Deep Impact hybrid). Also used some footage from Contact and Cloverfield. The first cut of this edit was 3 hours long due to a lot of scenes from Cloverfield. Upon watching it, I realized that the Cloverfield characters weren't that interesting and their scenes dragged the pacing down. So in order to make it more fun, action-oriented summer popcorn movie, I purposely cut it down to a more manageable 2 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamiemark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Damn I wish this guy would release his stuff in DVD format :-o .

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jamiemark said:
Damn I wish this guy would release his stuff in DVD format :-o .

hehe, oh yes. BUT, you can wish in one hand and shit in the other. We'll see which one fills up first. :grin: ..in the end we will always get these video files from gekko. luckily we have friends here who whip up DVDs from them ;)

jamiemark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
True, true. Strangely enough, this ended up being the only Gekko edit I've gotten that I didn't like. Oh well, still gets an A for effort :) .

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Look harder.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
mlofiaseyeswideshut.jpg

Or try these.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Man, you're too easy Neg. Dude didn't even buy you a drink first. :p

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nah, me and Theo go way back. We like to play this game every now and then.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Review, posted on ID4DB:

Very interesting concept. At times the narrative felt sloppy but overall this edit feels like a sprawling summer anti-blockbuster kettle corn flick. It didn’t hit the mark 100% but it was an entertaining watch.

Editing was fairly good but the audio levels were all over the place. No normalization = finger on the volume button. Integrating the different flicks worked well most of the time. Cloverfield felt most out of place but didn’t kill it.

This is recommended if you’re tired of rewatching your favorite summer alien attack blockbusters and want to mix it up.

A/V quality – 8
Editing – 8 visual, 5 audio
Narrative – 7
Enjoyment – 7

Recommended drink: Marvin the Martian

Top Bottom