• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote for the Top 5 Star Wars Prequel Edits

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey everyone,

I'm planning to write an article for the front page at some point about the 5 most recommended prequel edits, so thought it would be fun to throw it to a vote/open for discussion. 

So... What are the prequel edits you would most recommend to someone who had never seen one before?

My go to are the L8wrtr edits, but I'd love to hear about some other favs.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the ridiculous edits by frink.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Secior Ep1, L8wrtr Ep2 & 3.
I haven't watched the HAL9000's though.

HyperDown

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 for ep 1 (his version 1 which does have Sideous)
L8wrtr for ep 2
Stankpac for ep 3

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The George Lucas Trilogy.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:

I'm sorry, I thought this was a "top" thread.

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
reave said:

Probably not wise to argue with someone who has the moniker "Overlord."  I, for one, pledge my full allegiance.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:
@Q2 WHERE IS THE DISLIKE BUTTON. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
:D

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
beezo said:
TVs Frink said:
reave said:

Probably not wise to argue with someone who has the moniker "Overlord."  I, for one, pledge my full allegiance.

He'd have to hire a new Master of the Lore AND a new Forum Heavy.  I'm not concerned.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I Move for a vote of no confidence in chancellor Reave's leadership.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Personally I'd recommend L8wrtr's trilogy.

But I think in a scenario such as this it would be best to stick with an entire trilogy you'd recommend overall, rather than separate chapters from different editors? In some cases you might end up with contradictions or continuity errors. If someone removed all mention or sight of Kit Fisto for example in AOTC, and suddenly he shows up in ROTS, people might get confused.

This is a silly example but it's the best I could think of right now of story elements being used in two or more PT films :)

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I mean, Fisto?

A review I once read of AOTC suggested that Lucas let his kids name the characters.  Makes perfect sense.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ooh, this is a great idea for an article! Still trying to decide on my choices.

I'm guessing we only get one vote per movie, right?

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
I'm guessing we only get one vote per movie, right?

To clarify what may have seemed like a dumb question:

My go-to for Eps. I and II is Frink's Ridiculous cuts, so I feel like mentioning that, but it's not what people are going to be looking for regarding a straightforward cut that simply trims bad stuff.

I also love Rogue-theX's Super 8 cut of AotC, but again, that might be more of an alternative cut than what people are expecting as a definitive version.

octoroxx

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It would be a cop out to say my own versions, so I'll go with l8wrtr's versions (although Kerr's episode III is still pretty great, aside from being SD quality) I generally like the first two of Hal's trilogy as well, despite being a little conservative with cutting.

Hal9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ditto with being self serving, so I'll nominate TPM:R, Attack of the Phantom, and Dark Force Rising. If I would have settled with an existing trilogy without doing my own, it'd have been L8wrtr's.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Top Bottom