• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Vote for the Top 5 Star Wars Prequel Edits

My favorites are HAL9000's. Works especially well with Smudger9's Clone Wars Saga (another edit series I am a huge fan of).

Ok. This is an old thread and I'm this is my first post on the forums. Mostly I have been a lurker. 
I have seen several of the fanedits of the prequels and so far I haven't find a perfect fanedit trilogy.
The things I dislike of the prequels are:
  • The virgin birth.
  • The "prophecy".
  • The midichlorians.
  • How childish and immature is Anakin.
  • Some lines that are very cringe worthy.
  • C3PO being built by Anakin.
  • Yoda lightsaber fights.
  • R2D2 introduction and how he can do a lot of things that he couldn't do on the original trilogy.
  • Jar Jar.
  • Anakin's and Padme "romance"?
  • Anakin just killing the "younglings" (pathetic) and not really fighting other Jedis (or at least not shown).
  • Anakin conversion to the dark side.
  • Some things that go against what was said and/or happen in the original trilogy (Leia's real mom dying when she was young, etc).
  • And some other minor ones here and there (Chewbacca cameo).
So, I have seen the Q2, l8wrtr, HAL9000, seciors, Octorox and Kerr edits.
Some have very good things, and some still have the things that I dislike. 
Per example, Kerr's Edpisode III edit has the best Anakin conversion to the dark side, but has R2 doing things that I don't like, the Tarzan yell of the wookies, Yoda lightsaber fight.

So, for Episode I I think seciors' Return of the Sith is the best, followed by Q2's Fall of the Jedi, The Phantom Menace.
Episode II best fanedit for me is Q2's Fall of the Jedi, Attack of the Clones, which is almost perfect.
Episode III also goes to Q2's  Fall of the Jedi, Revenge of the Sith. But it has some things that could be improved (not technically).

And don't get me wrong. I'm very thankful for all of the faneditors that took the time to do these edits. I don't have the talent to do something like this. This is just related to what was left in and/or out. The edits themselves are very professional and well done.

notfer, if you truly seek prequel edits that address all these problems and more, might I suggest @"TVs Frink"’s edits.

ssj said:
notfer, if you truly seek prequel edits that address all these problems and more, might I suggest @"TVs Frink"’s edits.

6yc.gif

Back
Top Bottom