• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Vote for October 2012 Fanedit Of The Month!

What was the best edit in October 2012?

• The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford - Dime Novel Cut by dubmecrazy

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • David Brent: An Office Manager by Leeroy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Fanedit of Halloween H20: Twenty Years Later by The Butcher

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • FvJ by juice4z0, Neglify & NegaJuice

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Haunted From Childhood: The Katie Featherston Story by Frantic Canadian

• The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King Feanor Edition by mukankakuna

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The Myers Family by steFANedit

• Reservoir Dogs: The Black & White Edition by Adabisi

• Rocky V - The 80's Remix by LastSurvivor

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Say Anything... Extended Edition by Neglify

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Star Wars - Episode II: Attack Of The Cuts by t528491

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, what a lineup. October 2012 saw the release of 11 fanedits, the most since January 2010. And it's not all Halloween themed edits. Yeah, there are a good amount of horror fanedits here, but there's so much more.

Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford - Dime Novel Cut by dubmecrazy

"For whatever reason, this film never received the attention it deserved - maybe a 2 ½ hour psychoanalytical western drama was not what the average movie punter was after. [The] goal [of this edit] was to reduce the running time to less than 2hrs but keep the mood and atmosphere of the original."

David Brent: An Office Manager by Leeroy

"The edit focuses more on the merger of the two branches which was more of sub-plot in series 1. The edit focuses more of the antics that occur during the staffs working hours and removes all footage that takes place outside of work."

Fanedit of Halloween H20: Twenty Years Later, A by The Butcher

"While some fans were disappointed to see Halloween 4, 5 and 6 retconned out of the official continuity, I didn’t really mind, even though I am a fan of these entries as well. Because I adore trilogies, I enjoy thinking of Halloween, Halloween II and Halloween H20 as a very satisfying horror trilogy starring Laurie Strode, Michael Myers and their terrifying dynamic. Although H20 was a very worthy entry that featured a perfect ending, I think it lacked some elements that could have easily made it better."

FvJ by juice4z0, Neglify & NegaJuice

"Juice and Neg love them some 80s horror and wanted to see a Freddy vs. Jason movie that fits with the style of the earlier films. We give you three fanedits that bridge the gap from Crystal Lake to Springwood and then some; "Final Nightmare: The Horror Cut," "Friday the 13th: The Long Night At Camp Blood" and "FvJ". Above all else, these edits were made to entertain you, the viewer. It is mainly intended for horror fans, but even if you're a casual horror fan, we hope you enjoy this."

Haunted From Childhood: The Katie Featherston Story by Frantic Canadian

"Like the previous two entries in the Paranormal Activity franchise there are too many filler scenes, especially in the extended versions, where nothing of any paranormal importance happens. As a result of this the movies tend to drag a little. By removing said filler scenes the movie flows much better now and gets you to the action much quicker, while still telling the same coherent story."

Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King Feanor Edition by mukankakuna

"[This is a] more serious and maturer [film], with better pacing and more faithful to Tolkien's book. [The intention was] to make the most faithful edit of Tolkien's book."

Myers Family, The by steFANedit

"The Myers Family combines the backstory told in H1 with H2 (making that movie the night He came home) and the end result is a version of Rob Zombie’s reimagining that really feels like a Rob Zombie movie, not some weird Zombie-Carpenter crossover. So forget the Carpenter (classic) movie altogether when you watch this. Except for some of the characters names, the Shatner mask, some story elements, this is a completely original story."

Reservoir Dogs: The Black & White Edition by Adabisi

"I’m a huge fan of Reservoir Dogs and wanted to attempt a different way of experiencing the film. All scenes have been rearranged to fit a more traditional narrative structure. Two deleted scenes have been added to help flesh out Freddy’s and Mr. White’s back stories. Converted to black and white to give it a unique look and feel (and it doesn’t hurt that it helps to hide the poor quality of the deleted scenes). I also attempted to remove some of the usual Tarantino nonsense from the film (sorry, but gangsters aren’t going to sit around discussing the intricacies of Like A Virgin)."

Rocky V - The 80's Remix by LastSurvivor

"The intention with this “80’s Cut”, is to try and trim some of Stallone’s over the top performance, remove all of the hip-hop music and replace it with 80’s tunes bringing it more in line with Rocky III and IV, address the issue of Rocky Junior aging about 3 years overnight and present a substantially shortened version of the street fight to make it more realistic."

Say Anything... Extended Edition by Neglify

"[This edit was made] to add in the deleted and extended scenes to one of my favorite movies. In doing that, some of the character arcs feel more rounded out."

Star Wars - Episode II: Attack Of The Cuts by t528491

"This edit's intention is to be a darker and less juvenile movie than the original. Since the Phantom Mending ended on a dark note, I felt that this movie should continue that foreboding atmosphere. It now serves as a fitting transition from the first to the third chapter of the prequels."

O.O wow thats alot of fanedits!

good luck to all... and wow thats alot of edits to watch

"FvJ by juice4z0, Neglify & NegaJuice"

A 3-way
teacup non-consecution edit? How interesting!

Fucking auto-correct strikes again.

juice4z0 said:
and wow thats alot of edits to watch

Yup. Because I'm bored right now I calculated it out. If you watched every edit released in October (keeping in mind FvJ is a 3 fanedit set) it would equal 1350 minutes (22 1/2 hours).

And if you wanted to go the extra mile you could listen to the audio commentaries (and you all should go that extra mile ;-)). There are 3 on FvJ and one on Rocky V. That bumps it up to 1686 minutes (28 hrs 6 minutes).

For comparison, September 2012's fanedits equaled 902 minutes (15 hrs 2 mins). And August 2012's fanedits equaled 451 minutes (7 hrs 31 mins).

the-more-you-know.gif

Color me daunted. ;-)

Reminder for everybody.

You are not expected to watch every fanedit in order to vote for FEOTM. Let's say you've seen only 1 edit and you thought "eh, it was all right". If it were me, I would look over the other edits, read their descriptions, read the reviews and cast a vote.

For me, I still haven't seen Rocky V 80s Edition but I loved The Assassination of Jesse James Dime Novel Cut so much so that got my vote.

Reminder for everybody.

You are not expected to watch every fanedit in order to vote for FEOTM. Let's say you've seen only 1 edit and you thought "eh, it was all right". If it were me, I would look over the other edits, read their descriptions, read the reviews and cast a vote.

For me, I still haven't seen Rocky V 80s Edition but I loved The Assassination of Jesse James Dime Novel Cut so much so that got my vote.

this is why i never vote, how can i say that one thing is better than something else when i haven't seen it nor am i going to buy the film just to watch an edited version of it. i'm sorry but i just don't get the whole edit of the month awards

leeroy said:
this is why i never vote, how can i say that one thing is better than something else when i haven't seen it nor am i going to buy the film just to watch an edited version of it. i'm sorry but i just don't get the whole edit of the month awards

*filed under Unnecessary Posts*

leeroy said:

There's not really much to "get" about the FEOTM awards.

The purpose of these awards is to have fun.

That's it.

Wait, you suggest voting for fanedits we have not seen? Based on the reviews they got?

I'm sure a lot of people vote for fanedits they haven't seen. I've voted for an edit I didn't see. Is it ideal? Hell no.

Here's an example of voting for an edit you haven't seen based on reviews.

Let's say you haven't had a chance to watch any of the edits this month. But you saw mukankakuna's Two Towers Feanor Edition and you've been meaning to watch his Return of the King edit. You were blown away by his Two Towers edit and none of the other edits this month really interest you. And you see that it has a couple great reviews so you're sure it will be good. Yeah, go ahead and vote for that Return of the King Feanor Edition edit.

Wrong way of voting for edits - You've watched zero edits because none of them interest you. You vote for the highest rated edit just because. Or you vote for the lowest rated edit for the lulz.

speaking personally, I would say there's little point in casting a vote if you've not seen "any" of the films listed for the FEOTM. That's why I didn't vote last month for example.

This time around I've only seen two of the edits in contention - namely FVJ and H20 by The Butcher, so I was able to put my vote forward for H20.

Just my opinion mind ;)

Wrong place for this discussion.

TV's Frink said:
Wrong place for this discussion.

We can't discuss FEOTM in a FEOTM thread? Then where would be the right place?

The discussion is not specific to October. It belongs in a new thread.

No, this is a discussion of October FEOTM.

This post was an attempt to get people to watch October fanedits and in general raise enthusiasm again for fanedits. Leeroy then commented about FEOTM in general, but with this post it goes back to being about October.

Neglify said:
Let's say you haven't had a chance to watch any of the edits this month. But you saw mukankakuna's Two Towers Feanor Edition and you've been meaning to watch his Return of the King edit. You were blown away by his Two Towers edit and none of the other edits this month really interest you. And you see that it has a couple great reviews so you're sure it will be good. Yeah, go ahead and vote for that Return of the King Feanor Edition edit.

I am specifically referring to a fanedit from October. Return of the King Feanor Edition.

And in the last post before you told us to stop talking, LastSurvivor was talking specifically about October fanedits and what he watched.

LastSurvivor said:
This time around I've only seen two of the edits in contention - namely FVJ and H20 by The Butcher, so I was able to put my vote forward for H20.

So everybody, keep discussing October FEOTM.

His post was half off topic.

But whatever. *shrug*

Back
Top Bottom