• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Vote for January 2013 Fanedit of the Month!

What was the best edit in January 2013?

• The Assassination of Julius Caesar by kerr

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Exit to Eden: The "Things Are Not Looking So Rosie" Edition by slark

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Icarus by LastSurvivor

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Memories Alone by Q2

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Watchmen Comic-Cut: At Midnight, All The Agents... by Gargamel

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congratulations to first-time FEOTM winner g1orkatsos for last month's victory!

In January we had:

The Assassination of Julius Caesar by kerr

Intention: "First and foremost, this was an experiment in editing - to edit an entire TV series' worth of footage in order to tell a self-contained, different and cinematic story. I didn't want to simply condense the story of the series into two hours, I wanted to tell the best possible two-hour story with the footage that was available. Great care was given to the dramaturgical structue of the piece - I did my best to create a story that fit into a classical three-act structure."

Exit to Eden: The "Things Are Not Looking So Rosie" Edition by slark

Intention: "To create a film that concentrates on the relationship between Mistress Lisa and Elliot, and so is much truer to the original story.

"(Actually, that's a complete whitewash of my intention. I just wanted to cut Rosie O'Donnell out of the movie. The fact that it wound up bringing the plot closer to the original novel was just a happy accident.)"

Icarus by LastSurvivor

Synopsis: "Die Another Day should have been celebration of everything good about the James Bond franchise. Unfortunately, in trying to throw everything but the kitchen sink at the screen in celebration of 007's 40th anniversary, director Lee Tamahori and the producers ended up with an unfocused movie, riddled with poor innuendo jokes and some ill-advised ventures into the more fantasy CGI arena. The hope with Icarus, is to redress the balance and uncover what I believe is a genuinely good old-fashioned large scale Bond adventure. No invisible car, no CGI tsunami surfing heroics, the poor jokes removed, Icarus attempts to give Pierce Brosnan the Bond swansong he deserved."

Memories Alone by Q2

Intention: "After seeing "Black Swan" it occurred to me how similar its story was to that of "The Wrestler". I decided to see what could be done by merging the two stories into a single film."

Watchmen Comic-Cut: At Midnight, All The Agents... by Gargamel

Intention: "While the Watchmen film lacks much of the emotional weight and depth of the comic, it matches the look and images from the comic almost identically. Thus, I thought that the film could be used to organically fill in the gaps between each panel, creating a sort of hybrid motion-comic using video and sound clips from the movie."

(Note: This edit is Part 1 of 12.)

So, the choice is yours Dear Reader. Who's going to take home the gold this month?

Looks like it's gonna be a sweet race this month.

For me, it was a tough choice between Memories Alone and Icarus. Both were extremely well done, but Icarus gets a slight edge because LS turned a terrible movie into something that I wouldn't be ashamed to watch again.

Tight race.... Vote Vote Vote... for Memories Alone... damn it, I mean Icarus ;) he he.

Icarus has my vote. Everyone competing this month has done truly fantastic work! :)

icarus: LS turned an awful movie into something very pleasantly watchable. :)

assassination of JC: i don't think i'll have time to see this before the end of the month, but i hope to see it soon. :-(

memories alone: i'm going to purchase and view both source movies before watching the edit, so i can appreciate the interweaving. unfortunately, i don't think i'll be able to do so before the end of the month. no tiempo. :-(

One day left to vote! If it's still a tie at the end of the month we'll do a one-week poll for just those 2 edits.

Damn that's close!

Congrats Last Survivor! It was a real nail-biter there for a while. Well deserved!

Hey Q2, thanks for that. Really was very close. I must get around to watching Memories Alone though - I'm sure it equally, if not deserved the win overall. Thanks to everyone who voted :)

Now, if only I could win for something other than Bond! :D Not that I'm greedy or anything.

Good stuff LS! Nobody does it better! ;-)

chukha chukha, LS!

As I said, Bond never loses! :) Hmm, have been toying with a "Living Daylights" edit....
Well done LS - well deserved win. Icarus is sitting proudly on my shelf.

dangermouse said:
As I said, Bond never loses!

Gatos: You ever vote for Fanedit of the Month?
Random Fanedit Noob: On occasion
Gatos: Well, let me give you a word of advice. Always bet on Bond!

Congrats LS!

The name's Survivor. Last Survivor. Congrats for an epic win for an awesome, awesome edit!

Some lucky dog got to cast the deciding vote on that one!

Back
Top Bottom