• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vocoding dialogue

Pauln6a

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have been trying to vocoder a few lines of technobabble for Grace Lee Whitney in a Star Trek the Motion Picture fan edit using Deepfacelab.

I am not a coder so I struggled to train the voice from scratch due to error messages I just didn't understand. In the end I managed to do something passable using pre-trained models in the demo but the accent just isn't quite there.

I only have about 10 minutes of speaking from various shows and interviews. Has anyone successfully trained a voice from scratch and what were the results like.

A brief vocoded line for Shatner elsewhere in the edit doesn't sound too bad. I think Grace just had a very unique voice!

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've tried to get some of these vocal programs to work, but never can understand anythingggrom github 😅

Pauln6a

Reaction score
Trophy Points
When I started the project I just bulk loaded what I thought I would need. The issue I found getting the trainer to run is a known issue but I just have no idea what they are on about when describing the solution. The paid services for other platforms seem to use pre-trained artificial voices, presumably due to copyright concerns.

Top Bottom