• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Video Tracks stuck as transparent

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wanted to add some white text (That originally had a black background) over the top of some other moving images. The top track with the text I set to "Screen" under 'Composting Mode' and left the rest of the tracks as is ("Source Alpha"). The effect looked just how I wanted and was exactly what the Doctor ordered...

14438182914_9dea9ced0a.jpg

...however I've later gone to experiment with some 'Chroma key' effects on a different part of the project and when I had one track on the top of the other it did this...

14452174984_10f1403119.jpg

The two tracks that had these two clips did not have any adjustments to their transparency or compositing. I even tried turning off the "screen mode" from the top track but every track is now locked to transparent. I'm tearing my hair out here trying to figure out why Vegas is doing this and how to switch it off.

Hope somebody can help :cry:.

screen shots of your layers and effects chains would would help.

TM2YC said:
I wanted to add some white text (That originally had a black background) over the top of some other moving images. The top track with the text I set to "Screen" under 'Composting Mode' and left the rest of the tracks as is ("Source Alpha"). The effect looked just how I wanted and was exactly what the Doctor ordered...

14438182914_9dea9ced0a.jpg

...however I've later gone to experiment with some 'Chroma key' effects on a different part of the project and when I had one track on the top of the other it did this...

14452174984_10f1403119.jpg

The two tracks that had these two clips did not have any adjustments to their transparency or compositing. I even tried turning off the "screen mode" from the top track but every track is now locked to transparent. I'm tearing my hair out here trying to figure out why Vegas is doing this and how to switch it off.

Hope somebody can help :cry:.

Check the "Level" slider on the video track itself. It's possible this accidentally got adjusted with your scroll wheel. If that's at 100%, check the clip's opacity level - the little blue handle at the top of the clip. Drag it all the way to the top for full opacity.

ThrowgnCpr said:
screen shots of your layers and effects chains would would help.

Thanks. Your post fixed it ^ :lol:.

I went through switching off the various FX (Just to show you a screengrab of them all off) and when I clicked on switch off 'colour balance' the clip became solid again. I then deleted the CB from my FX chain and then immediately added it back and now the clip is fine.

What the actual f**k Vegas, that makes no sense! I demand that machines and the code that runs on them adheres to logic!

matrixgrindhouse said:
Check the "Level" slider on the video track itself. It's possible this accidentally got adjusted with your scroll wheel. If that's at 100%, check the clip's opacity level - the little blue handle at the top of the clip. Drag it all the way to the top for full opacity.

I tried checking all that before but thanks anyway (Oddly, although 100% gave me 50% transparency, switching the track to 95% transparency, gave me 95% transparency?!?). Problem sorted but it annoys me that I don't know why it is now working.

Back
Top Bottom