• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Video Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So it sounds like you're already working with compressed rips instead of the original Blu-Ray files or a lossless encode of thsoe files. That's going to mean you lose some amount of quality before you even start. Untouched Blu-Ray movies will be in the 25-35GB range most of the time, and losslessly compressed video made from that will be larger. Anything smaller will be lossy compression which, as you can tell by its name, loses picture quality.

Haven't had a chance to look at your photos yet, I'll see if I can during downtime at work.

Cavolon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ChainsawAsh said:
So it sounds like you're already working with compressed rips instead of the original Blu-Ray files or a lossless encode of thsoe files. That's going to mean you lose some amount of quality before you even start. Untouched Blu-Ray movies will be in the 25-35GB range most of the time, and losslessly compressed video made from that will be larger. Anything smaller will be lossy compression which, as you can tell by its name, loses picture quality.

Haven't had a chance to look at your photos yet, I'll see if I can during downtime at work.

I'll ask him again when I see him

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cavolon said:
And my friend rips blu Rays for me so I'll have to ask him

Ah yes the classic line "my friend ripped the blu-ray for me".

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Usually it's code for "I downloaded it off a torrent".

I'm not trying to accuse you of anything, but you did already admit to using deleted scenes from YouTube.

What I suggest is you take some time to learn how to properly rip your own source files.

Cavolon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Usually it's code for "I downloaded it off a torrent".

I'm not trying to accuse you of anything, but you did already admit to using deleted scenes from YouTube.

What I suggest is you take some time to learn how to properly rip your own source files.

I bought a blu ray drive for fan editing but i then realized i cant fit a drive in my PC so i gave it to him but i can see your point

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
FWIW, I have an external USB Blu-Ray drive that works no problem. It's even USB powered, you don't have to plug it I to the wall or anything.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, looked at your photos. Seems like you're using a fairly high bitrate to be getting low quality output. Suggestions (note that I'm not familiar with Vegas at all):

- Try an encoder other than "NV Encoder." What are your options there?
- Check the "Two-Pass" box next to your bitrate settings. If this is grayed out (it seems to be), a different encoder might be the way to go (see above).
- A different video template overall might be a better starting point. What are your options there?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Cavolon said:
And my friend rips blu Rays for me so I'll have to ask him

Ah yes the classic line "my friend ripped the blu-ray for me".

We've been discussing.  In the future please bring concerns about OTS to a staff member via PM.  Thanks.

Cavolon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ChainsawAsh said:
FWIW, I have an external USB Blu-Ray drive that works no problem. It's even USB powered, you don't have to plug it I to the wall or anything.

Yea, know about those but I was stupid enough to buy a internal one

Cavolon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ChainsawAsh said:
Okay, looked at your photos. Seems like you're using a fairly high bitrate to be getting low quality output. Suggestions (note that I'm not familiar with Vegas at all):

- Try an encoder other than "NV Encoder." What are your options there?
- Check the "Two-Pass" box next to your bitrate settings. If this is grayed out (it seems to be), a different encoder might be the way to go (see above).
- A different video template overall might be a better starting point. What are your options there?

Yes, there is another option but I'll have to check that in the morning

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
so his friend ripped the blu ray, does that men he doesn't own the movie he is trying to edit on this site?

Cavolon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
so his friend ripped the blu ray, does that men he doesn't own the movie he is trying to edit on this site?

I own the movie but I don't own blu Ray player anymore

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread locked. Cavolon please see PM.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:

@"jswert123456" a reminder:

TVs Mountbatten-Windsor said:
We've been discussing.  In the future please bring concerns about OTS to a staff member via PM.  Thanks.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
FYI Cavolon has been banned for one month, per site rules, for using pirated materials.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Last word on the subject, Cavolon and his "brother" have been permanently banned for creating multiple accounts.  His ITW threads will be archived.  And just as a reminder, multiple accounts are prohibited and will lead to punishment up to and including permanent bans.  Don't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom