• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Video messes up and goes out of sync after export - Premiere Pro/Media Encoder

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey all,

I noticed the latest version of my Amazing Spider-Man 1 edit has a problem. This happened before too on an earlier draft on a larger scale, and there are no problems in the project timeline itself, but whenever I try to export my edit somehow the video glitches and jumps forward for a significant amount of frames and goes out of sync with the audio, that is until at a random point it goes back a few frames and fixes itself. And weirdly it's always at the climax of the movie specifically. That makes me think it's having trouble rendering from the m2ts file (I'm using proxy files for that while editing). Should I try converting it to a high bitrate MP4 file? I always tried exporting the edit through Media Encoder, maybe that is what's causing problems? I have no idea, I'm frankly at a loss.

Would appreciate any and all help for this, thanks.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey all,

I noticed the latest version of my Amazing Spider-Man 1 edit has a problem. This happened before too on an earlier draft on a larger scale, and there are no problems in the project timeline itself, but whenever I try to export my edit somehow the video glitches and jumps forward for a significant amount of frames and goes out of sync with the audio, that is until at a random point it goes back a few frames and fixes itself. And weirdly it's always at the climax of the movie specifically. That makes me think it's having trouble rendering from the m2ts file (I'm using proxy files for that while editing). Should I try converting it to a high bitrate MP4 file? I always tried exporting the edit through Media Encoder, maybe that is what's causing problems? I have no idea, I'm frankly at a loss.

Would appreciate any and all help for this, thanks.
M2TS files tend to cause me issues towards the end of films I'm working on too. I can only assume it's a buffering issue of some sort, not surprising since M2TS is a deliverable format and not an editing one. Best to to use Handbrake or something to do a Fast or Very Fast conversion to MP4 (it's temporary, for final render you should be able to relink to the M2TS for final render).

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
M2TS files tend to cause me issues towards the end of films I'm working on too. I can only assume it's a buffering issue of some sort, not surprising since M2TS is a deliverable format and not an editing one. Best to to use Handbrake or something to do a Fast or Very Fast conversion to MP4 (it's temporary, for final render you should be able to relink to the M2TS for final render).
Thanks Q2. I use MP4 proxy files though, so shouldn't that function essentially the same way?

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks Q2. I use MP4 proxy files though, so shouldn't that function essentially the same way?
Theoretically yes, but you have to remember that most editors in a professional setting are working with clips, not full fledged flicks that are 90-120+ min. in length.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Theoretically yes, but you have to remember that most editors in a professional setting are working with clips, not full fledged flicks that are 90-120+ min. in length.
I'll keep that in mind, thanks Q2.

Top Bottom