• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Video Games

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Which one? Classic or 2017? Both are good (now, 2017 had the shittiest start to any AAA title I’ve ever played)
New. I got to he ultate championship or whatever edition free on one of the epic game give aways so I didn't have to go through that start up ;)

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bought myself a Switch last week, along with the Danganronpa collection for it. Been playing the first game this weekend, it's really enjoyable if you can ignore the unfortunate portrayals of trans identity and mental illness among other problems. I am engrossed in any case. I just picked up Mega Man 11 (my third time buying it whoops) because sometimes I just really need a mindless platformer rather than a story driven game. I also preordered the new Sonic game, the main reason why I got the Switch. I almost nabbed Sonic Forces while I was at it, but I really need to resist buying everything that catches my eye. Oh, and I'm currently using a 15 dollar controller from Five Below, which works way better than you'd expect. Haven't tried it with MM yet so it might prove to actually be garbage, we'll see.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I might bite the bullet and get a New 2DS XL. Couldn't be at the worst possible time, right after the 3DS eShop closed lol but, all I want to play are the Mario & Luigi games, the DS Zelda games, and a few others like Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, and Epic Mickey Power of Illusion. I guess that's still quite a few to buy but there are some decent prices out there for physical versions. The 3DS has quite an amazing catalog of games so it might not be a bad investment, and I won't have to resort to emulating all the time.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My 10 year olds just got an Xbox. They saved up and bought a used PS3 and Gamecube respectively. Then they flipped them on EBay. I thought they’d take a bath on it, but they made about 50% profit. That allowed them to buy the Xbox on financing, where they pay for the console as an additional cost added to the monthly GamePass subscription. I have to say I’m impressed they pulled it off. 🤣

They’ve been playing this game called Ori and the Will of the Wisps and I have to say it is gorgeous.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bought myself a Switch last week, along with the Danganronpa collection for it. Been playing the first game this weekend, it's really enjoyable if you can ignore the unfortunate portrayals of trans identity and mental illness among other problems. I am engrossed in any case. I just picked up Mega Man 11 (my third time buying it whoops) because sometimes I just really need a mindless platformer rather than a story driven game. I also preordered the new Sonic game, the main reason why I got the Switch. I almost nabbed Sonic Forces while I was at it, but I really need to resist buying everything that catches my eye. Oh, and I'm currently using a 15 dollar controller from Five Below, which works way better than you'd expect. Haven't tried it with MM yet so it might prove to actually be garbage, we'll see.
Just beat Danganronpa, great time. Kinda wish I didn't know the ending ahead of time, but it's whatever. At least I know nothing going into the second game.

Samael Lynch

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Been playing Cyberpunk 2077 again. It's really fun actually and being constantly discracted from the main quest because the world is actually pretty interesting was not something that I had expected. Fun times.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sonic Frontiers is out today, anyone else playing it?

I really dig the music, it reminds me of Celeste. The general look of the game reminds me of Sonic And The Black Knight. It controls really nicely, I like that there's settings to fine tune the speed and whatnot. Big Shadow Of The Colossus vibes with the guardian things. I'm really enjoying the little that I've played so far.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sonic Frontiers is out today, anyone else playing it?

I really dig the music, it reminds me of Celeste. The general look of the game reminds me of Sonic And The Black Knight. It controls really nicely, I like that there's settings to fine tune the speed and whatnot. Big Shadow Of The Colossus vibes with the guardian things. I'm really enjoying the little that I've played so far.
Wait, did they release Sonic Frontiers on the same day as God of War: Ragnarok?

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well either that or one day or so off. Still, I guess the audiences are different

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I almost forgot, last night I beat Danganronpa 2. I rushed to finish it so that I could then devote all my time to Sonic.
Man these Danganronpa games are good, obvious problems aside. The lore is totally bonkers and kinda unexpected given the otherwise simple premise, but it works. Unfortunately I had to resort to walkthroughs a couple times during the second game, some of the trial segments are really weirdly put together.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sonic Frontiers is the most disappointing thing since my son.
Just kidding. But I did just beat it, and I'm left feeling empty inside. This game focuses too much on being mysterious and cool that it ends up lacking any real substance. It's vague and doesn't entirely make sense, unless I missed something.
At first I was happy when the game directly referenced Sonic Adventure, but then they just kept referencing other Sonic games and it just felt forced. Heck, all of the levels in the game are variations of Green Hill, Chemical Plant, and Angel Island. It feels too safe, which I get, but like. It's like Force Awakens, where Sonic Forces is the prequels, if that makes any sense. I dunno.
This game has some pretty good gameplay though. I can only hope for a follow up with a more interesting world and story. They got Ian Flynn to write this game, he's the current writer of the Sonic comics and I love his work, but here he doesn't really shine.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yu-Gi-Oh is consuming my life once again, this time on the Switch. I've been fine tuning a no-monsters deck. I really love winning by making the opponent run out of cards.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Got the Mega Man Zero/ZX collection this weekend. I got to the last boss of the first MMZ, only for it to be too hard. I looked it up, and apparently I accidentally missed an important weapon earlier in the game. Yesterday I decided to restart the game to remedy that, and it's going by much quicker now that I know what I'm doing. I'm honestly loving this game.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Got the TMNT Cowabunga collection a few weeks ago. I quickly realized that these games just make me feel lonely, you really need friends to enjoy the Turtles. Even the single player games like the first NES game, it's more fun taking turns. I did start Hyperstone Heist last night, and I might force myself to power through it because it's pretty neat and I don't know much about it.
Beat em'ups are generally repetitive, but I imagine these games would be perfect to just mindlessly play while putting on a good record.

Why isn't there a game based solely on the first movie? That's what I want, I don't care as much about the cartoon Turtles.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Today I saw an article about the release of The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog free on Steam. I thought, haha April fools, good one. But there was a Steam page link. And I thought, haha April fools, good one. But it had a play now button. I clicked it and a real game downloaded. Not like a good one, but one that exists, produced by Sega. A visual novel. I played about five or ten minutes and got the idea, but just thought the name was funny enough to share. Idk how long it'll be free or even available, but if you want it:

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've never been able to get into Final Fantasy VII, but yesterday I got the remaster of Crisis Core on the Switch and I'm loving it. I had a Kingdom Hearts itch and this was the closest thing I could find.
On the note of Final Fantasy, I got the new Theatrhythm a couple weeks ago which I've been playing on and off.

Oh yeah, I beat Pokemon Scarlet, I'm surprised I never posted about it. I've always struggled to enjoy the Pokemon games, but this one managed to win me over somehow, and it's now the first one I've beaten. That's a lot for me, and I'm proud of myself.
My lead Pokemon was a Gardevoir. When it was a Raltz I named it Ralter White. When it became Gardevoir I had to change the name. At first I went with Gardevoilt (Gardev-Walt) but I didn't like how the spelling looked. I settled with Gustavoir.

Last edited:
Top Bottom