• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Video Games

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
'Ghost of Tsushima'

I'm on holiday next week and I'm seriously considering picking this up and spinning through the Babycart films.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
586bc463e33a407df05f505a567afd2a493a4715d9de807e48192a5751541445[1].png

There is currently 65-75% off all the old 90s/early00s Star Wars games on GOG: https://www.gog.com/partner/star_wars

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points

For the uninitiated: the Monkey Island series consists of some of the most beloved point and click adventures of all time. The second game's ending was never truly resolved and glossed over by the subsequent games, as they lacked the original creator's input. He's coming back to make his own alternate take on a part 3, which he'd talked about hypothetically for decades - but it won't retcon part 3 out of continuity either. Whether the later 3D ones will be affected is unclear. Amazing that this is actually happening.

Last edited:

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

For the uninitiated: the Monkey Island series consists of some of the most beloved point and click adventures of all time. The second game's ending was never truly resolved and glossed over by the subsequent games, as they lacked the original creator's input. He's coming back to make his own alternate take on a part 3, which he'd talked about hypothetically for decades - but it won't retcon part 3 out of continuity either. Whether the later 3D ones will be affected is unclear. Amazing that this is actually happening.
Given how the original creator was a creative consautant on the last Monkey Island game (Tales of Monkey Isalnd), I think it's safe to say the 3D games will stay canon.

Fran_Garcia

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Just amazing. Guybrush Threepwood is back…

Rubber Chicken With A Pulley In The Middle

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just beat Megaman 2, it's nothing new to me being one of my favorite games and all, but l usually just stop at the dragon because l'm bad at video games. It's not super often that l go through the whole thing, it takes a lot out of me. This time around it took me about a week, not playing every day tho. When l do this l tend to push myself to do it in a single day, but l just don't have it in me right now. So anyways, it's a little thing but l'm proud of myself.

On another note, l started Project X Zone the other day (Namco, Capcom, and Sega crossover TRPG). It's very much akin to a bad fanfiction, and l'm here for it. Unfortunately the combat is very repetitive, l wish it played a bit more like Fire Emblem. I'm told that the combat is reminiscent of Namco's Tales series, no idea how accurate that is. I've heard that X Zone 2 is better all around, no idea if it updates the combat but l can't wait to move on to it nonetheless.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just got done 100% completing Kirby Squeak Squad. I was so enamoured with this game as a chid but l never did beat it. Playing it now, the game does not live up to my childhood perception of it. I found myself frustrated more than l had fun. Beating it didn't feel satisfying, l'm left feeling empty. I persevered because platformers are the easiest games for me to jump into and mindlessly play, but even then this wasn't worthwhile. It's not a bad game, just a bit depressing.

Magic Kirby is best Kirby by the way.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey guys. I’ve got a 12 hour flight with my kids coming up on Thursday. I want to get them each a new Switch game. One of them is into Star Wars. He’s played the Lego Skywalker game, but nothing else. Any suggestions as to games that he’d like that are available on Switch. Though I know the KotOR games are popular, he’s not into RPGs just yet. Something more actiony would be good. Thanks in advance!

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey guys. I’ve got a 12 hour flight with my kids coming up on Thursday. I want to get them each a new Switch game. One of them is into Star Wars. He’s played the Lego Skywalker game, but nothing else. Any suggestions as to games that he’d like that are available on Switch. Though I know the KotOR games are popular, he’s not into RPGs just yet. Something more actiony would be good. Thanks in advance!
The Force Unleashed was recently added to the switch, that might be something to look into. There's also the Jedi Knight games, which may be more dated (no idea if that's a dealbreaker), but they're supposedly really good nonetheless.

Really, the Revenge of the Sith game is one of the best Star War games, and it's a shame that it hasn't gotten its own re-release or remaster...

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Force Unleashed was recently added to the switch, that might be something to look into. There's also the Jedi Knight games, which may be more dated (no idea if that's a dealbreaker), but they're supposedly really good nonetheless.

Really, the Revenge of the Sith game is one of the best Star War games, and it's a shame that it hasn't gotten its own re-release or remaster...
I had thought that the Fallen Order game had made it to Switch but that appears not to be the case. Force Unleashed might be the way to go. Thanks.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I started playing The World Ends With You the other day on a whim, and lordy this game is amazing. I'm currently on day 7 of week 2, and l'm just absolutely enthralled. The characters are great, the combat system manages to never feel tedious and boring, the Game reminds me of Die Hard 3 which is so cool after l just recently watched and fell in love with that, the game is engrossing and hard to put down, l just love it. My only complaint doesn't really have to do with the game itself, but the audio quality of ds games really sucks and it doesn't do any favors for my headaches.

Ugh when l'm done with this l'm going to be compelled to play through Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance which ties into it, and l'm really not sure if l want to deal with a Kingdom Hearts right now lol

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I started playing The World Ends With You the other day on a whim, and lordy this game is amazing. I'm currently on day 7 of week 2, and l'm just absolutely enthralled. The characters are great, the combat system manages to never feel tedious and boring, the Game reminds me of Die Hard 3 which is so cool after l just recently watched and fell in love with that, the game is engrossing and hard to put down, l just love it. My only complaint doesn't really have to do with the game itself, but the audio quality of ds games really sucks and it doesn't do any favors for my headaches.

Ugh when l'm done with this l'm going to be compelled to play through Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance which ties into it, and l'm really not sure if l want to deal with a Kingdom Hearts right now lol
Definitely check out Chrono Trigger if you ever get a chance. Same company, much tighter story. Highly recommend the snes version, but it's also on DS and Steam.

Last edited:

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Definitely check out Chrono Trigger if you ever get a chance. Same company, much tighter story. Highly recommend the snes version, but it's also on DS and Steam.
l do actually have it on ds. l've tried a couple times to play it when l was younger, but could never really get into it. l do still want to give it another shot one of these days.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I beat Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows Of Valentia (remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden). Great game, my new favorite of the series, definitely recommend. It's different from the other games in the series that I've played, it reminds me of Final Fantasy in that you can freely travel between places on the map, visit different towns, and there are proper dungeons to explore. Awakening is great, but it was just progressing from one level to the next with nothing in between. Which isn't a bad thing, but in this one it just felt more vast, with a bigger scope to the world, more stuff to do, and a bit more sense of choice. Also I like having weapons that don't break, hate that in the other games. The support system is far more linear, but it allows for better storytelling with characters having set romantic partners (or lack thereof) worked into the plot rather than having to accomodate for any possibility. Oh, and we get an explicitly, canonical gay character, who isn't represented as just being into the main character. Leon rocks.

When this game came out, I remember hearing that all the DLC for it cost more than the game itself. That turned me off, I took it to mean that the base game was lacking, but that's not the case at all.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Put some SW Battlefront 2 space skirmishes on the big screen with the kiddos. Blew. Their. Minds. :)

Darth Kermit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Which one? Classic or 2017? Both are good (now, 2017 had the shittiest start to any AAA title I’ve ever played)

Top Bottom