• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Video Games

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I almost picked up The Last of Us the other day, then didn't. Mainly because, even though its meant to be great, I'm not a fan of zombie/post apocalyptic stuff. It's just a bit of a tired concept. (zombies also freak me out) 

Then again, it's the makers of the Jak and Uncharted games, which are awesome. So I'm open to being convinced.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone know of a good Sci-fi rpg for NES, Snes, Genesis, Psx, or Psp, other than the Final Fantasy games?

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not RPG, but man, Super Metroid (SNES) is the beez neez (as are most Metroid games). Sci-fi/puzzle/adventure/shooter

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
Anyone know of a good Sci-fi rpg for NES, Snes, Genesis, Psx, or Psp, other than the Final Fantasy games?

Chrono Trigger for snes, you won't regret it

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought about Chrono Trigger, I will keep it in mind if I can't come up with anything else, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you though, @"addiesin" 
As for Super Metroid, I really should get around to playing a Metroid game. My mother beat Super Metroid sometime last year, and she's not much of a game player. I can't say I'm ready for a game like that yet, and if I were, I'd probably play Metroid Fusion or Zero Mission first, for some personal reason. Thank you for your suggestion though! 

I will gladly take suggestions for platformers too, as long as they aren't puzzling. I don't want to think, unless it's something strategic rather than puzzle solving.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In unrelated news, I just picked up one of those mini arcade cabinets, for Bad Dudes vs DragonNinja, because it was on sale at Wal-Mart. I have fond memories of this game, and look forward to saving President Ronnie within the comfort of my bed, without a second player.
I also have a mini arcade of Centipede, another great arcade game.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
 I'd probably play Metroid Fusion or Zero Mission first, for some personal reason. Thank you for your suggestion though! 

Metroid Zero Mission is a remake of the first Metroid Game, so would be a good one to start with. 

If you have a GBA and like RPG's, then Golden Sun 2 is very good (I haven't played the first one, but I'm sure it's also worth playing). It's fantasy, not Sci fi though.

And if it isn't already clear from previous posts, the Jak Trilogy is my all time favourite set of games. The first one is a sandbox platformer, and the sequels expand that world, darken it and add a 3rd person shooter/hulk-like element. If you have a PS2 and haven't played them, get on it!

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I kinda prefer to play games in order, even if they don't directly connect, and I guess that's part of the reason why I would want to start with Zero Mission. As for Fusion, I believe I've heard that it's somewhat more linear than the other games, on top of being great, so those factors may surpass the need for chronology. But I swear, I will play Super Metroid eventually. 

As for Golden Sun, I've been meaning to play those games forever, my uncle loves them and has recommended them. Perhaps I may try it out in spite of my current fixation on sci-fi. 

As for Jak, I really appreciate the recommendation! However, my ps2 is somewhere lost in storage after moving. Hence the consoles mentioned in the first post. I could potentially get the collection on ps4, we'll see.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mega man legends,  although it takes a small amount of thinking.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm so excited for Death Stranding. I've already vowed to play all the way through it when it comes out. It's worth noting that I've never played a Hideo Kojima game (well, I've tried MGS 3, but never got far), and theoretically I have no reason to be excited for this. I guess the weirdness and lack of info draws me in, it seems surreal, artsy, and ambitious, and I'm all about that.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Recently picked up Yoshis Whooly World. Haven't played it yet but I've heard it's pretty good, and yoshis island (pacifier edition) is one of my favorites.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes. And the pacifier edition is Just a Rom hack that does nothing but mute baby Mario's crying. But it can be combined with level hacks.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm really enjoying yoshis wooly world. It's not as good as yoshis island, but expecting it to be would be madness. I haven't played
any handheld yoshi games, because i don't play handhelds in general, but it's leagues better than yoshi story.

Ray Danger

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've started playing through Breath of the Wild again.
Been over a year since I completed it, so many things feel very fresh this time around.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed, I highly recommend Yoshi's Island DS. It's the Yoshi game I've put the most time into. I've been meaning to play through it again.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't play handhelds, and from what I've seen it doesn't look nearly as good as the original. And there's a multitude of hacks out for the original if I need new levels.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just got done beating Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels (or super Mario bros 2 J if you nasty) complete with the world 9 and alphabet world post quest, as I do about once a year. I played the super Mario all stars version but with the brick fix mod which makes the physics back to how they were on the nes.

I came out of it thinking the same thing I think every year after beating it.

"Man, fuck this game".

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been playing Hitman Absolution after buying it from a thrift store last week. I really love it. I've tried a couple other games in the series before, but I couldn't really get into them.

Top Bottom