• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Video Games

Been getting into Steam again. Hadn't been on in like four or five years. Played through the single player campaign on Portal again, and added some things I've heard about lately to a wishlist because the prices seemed high. But hey, those sales are no joke. I got RPG Maker MV to toy around with (I always liked those programs), which I couldn't justify at the normal 80 dollar price tag, but the sale price was 20 bucks. Easy decision.
Right now Undertale (which, for old disconnected fogeys like me, is heavily inspired by the classic Super Nintendo game Earthbound) is on sale for 4 bucks, it's usually ten. I don't expect to see it go lower so I'll probably grab it. I wouldn't be surprised if everything in my list comes down in price by about 75 percent at some point within the next few months. Gotta say I'm impressed.

And yeah, I know I'm late to the party, but it's not my first time on Steam, my old laptop overheated too easily to bother with any of this after a certain point. The minimum specs were there but the ventilation was not.

"It looks like my worst nightmare for gaming is starting.  Google is working on streaming-only games, which of course, makes game preservation impossible.  I'm working on something very big related to this that should come out shortly after I'm well again. This isn't over." https://twitter.com/accursedfarms

u
ChainsawAsh said:
I finally got Insomniac's Spider-Man game today. Was all excited to sit down and play it for an hour or two before bed (since my job is actually making me drive the half hour to work in the -20F weather tomorrow).

Oh, what's this? An 18.6GB patch that's going to take an hour and 40 minutes to download?

Great.

it really is great. it'd take 18 hours and a half to download it if you had the internet speed i have. lucky bastard.

Capture.PNG

When I eventually play the MGS games, I'm thinking of playing them this way.

METAL GEAR SOLID - (SNES CLASSIC - Emulation) OR PC
METAL GEAR SOLID 2-3 - XBOX 360
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 - GAME MOVIE?
METAL GEAR SOLID PW - 360
METAL GEAR SOLID  Ground Zeroes - PS4
METAL GEAR SOLID 5 - PS4

Been playing starfox zero for the wiiu lately.  I love it. It's a shame how much hate it got,  although i understand it.  It's controls are hard to get used to and master. But once you play it enough the controls eventually click for you and it becomes incredibly satisfying to me. Shooting feels like running the turret gun on the millennium falcon. Piloting at the same time is daunting at first which is where alot of people understandably have trouble , or at least don't find enjoyment,  but after a while I got used to it and it became alot of fun.  My main complaint is there aren't enough missions. 

Very strong entry to the starfox franchise imo.

RE:  All-digital gaming.   It looks like I'm done with new video games.  I've got a heck of a lot of old games to get to.

Possessed said:
Been playing starfox zero for the wiiu lately.  I love it. It's a shame how much hate it got,  although i understand it.  It's controls are hard to get used to and master. But once you play it enough the controls eventually click for you and it becomes incredibly satisfying to me. Shooting feels like running the turret gun on the millennium falcon. Piloting at the same time is daunting at first which is where alot of people understandably have trouble , or at least don't find enjoyment,  but after a while I got used to it and it became alot of fun.  My main complaint is there aren't enough missions. 

Very strong entry to the starfox franchise imo.

This post motivated me to check reviews, watch a gameplay video and order a used copy (with Star Fox Guard). I bought a Wii U for my 9yr old last year and I've been looking for games that we might both like (she's into the Lego games). This one sounds like I might be into it more than she will, but that's OK with me.  :)

Just don't give up on it right away if you don't like it.  It takes some getting used to.  I didn't like it at first. But once you get used to the controls I think it feels very satisfying.

There's also a co-op mode where one of you flies and the other shoots. (Aiming with the gyro controls is a big element to this game, and while it takes some getting used to after mastering i find myself missing it when playing the older games). It's fun.  The pilot uses a pro controller and the gunner uses the gamepad for the gyro aiming.

This is getting expensive - I've just ordered a wireless Pro Controller too! It sounds like a fun way for my daughter and I to play this together. Thanks for the recommendation.

Possessed said:
Just don't give up on it right away if you don't like it.  It takes some getting used to.  I didn't like it at first. But once you get used to the controls I think it feels very satisfying.

There's also a co-op mode where one of you flies and the other shoots. (Aiming with the gyro controls is a big element to this game, and while it takes some getting used to after mastering i find myself missing it when playing the older games). It's fun.  The pilot uses a pro controller and the gunner uses the gamepad for the gyro aiming.

So, both the game and the controller arrived today. We only had about half-hour to try them out, but you weren't wrong - it's hard! Looks like I'll have to get past the first mission to try out the co-op mode properly, but we had fun passing the gamepad back and forth as we crashed and burned over and over again. Strangely enough, she said it was like "being in Star Wars"!

I’m not a big video game guy. But I got my kids Minecraft for the Xbox 360. So I decided to get a cheap used Halo 4 as I had played the original.  The difference in graphics is amazing and the gameplay seems pretty consistent. But I have to admit  I miss the original’s music.

Unlocked co-op for 'Star Fox Zero' on the Wii U - easily our favourite game to play together now. She flies, I shoot. Tricky, but definitely fun.

Yesterday I beat the marathon mode in Tetris Worlds for the GBA. After that, I played some Tetris 99 on the Switch, and I managed to get to 2nd place in one of the rounds. I'm becoming good at a game for once.

Hey guys, I'm trying to convince my friend to play The Last Of Us and I need help.

Junglist Paja said:
Hey guys, I'm trying to convince my friend to play The Last Of Us and I need help.

I'm sure someone here who has played the game can assist with the first part and I wish you luck with the second.

Back
Top Bottom