• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Video Games

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I finally got Insomniac's Spider-Man game today. Was all excited to sit down and play it for an hour or two before bed (since my job is actually making me drive the half hour to work in the -20F weather tomorrow).

Oh, what's this? An 18.6GB patch that's going to take an hour and 40 minutes to download?

Great.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Update: I've played up to where Peter gets the Advanced Suit. (Mind you, I hate that suit and immediately unlocked the repaired version of the Classic suit, I mention it for the story "mile marker.")

Pretty fantastic game so far. I really need to practice the combat mechanics (I keep getting killed - dodging was never my strong suit in games and it seems like a core mechanic of this one), but I think I have the webslinging mostly down and it's a TON of fun! Looking forward to spending lots of time swinging around the city stopping crimes (and eventually unlocking the MCU homemade suit, which is unironically my favorite Spidey suit ever).

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ChainsawAsh said:
the Advanced Suit. (Mind you, I hate that suit ...)

Is that the one with the white spider in all the ads? I hate it. 

I think I understand it though. If you look at what Sony's been putting out, it's a lot of Spiderman and it's all somehow visually distinct. You wouldn't confuse that white-spider suit for the one from the MCU, or for the animated Miles suit, or the Venom "suit". I get it. I still hate it.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
ChainsawAsh said:
the Advanced Suit. (Mind you, I hate that suit ...)

Is that the one with the white spider in all the ads? I hate it. 

I think I understand it though. If you look at what Sony's been putting out, it's a lot of Spiderman and it's all somehow visually distinct. You wouldn't confuse that white-spider suit for the one from the MCU, or for the animated Miles suit, or the Venom "suit". I get it. I still hate it.

Yep, that's the one. There's an in-story reason for the suit's existence, but no reason given for the white spider (Peter does comment on it though).

Luckily, you can just switch back to the earlier (now battle-damaged) classic suit, or cash in a couple collectibles for a repaired version of it (I had more than enough by that point). The suit you're wearing is the one you see in cutscenes too, and using other suits doesn't affect gameplay in any way (you can swap the suit "abilities" between other suits with no issue).

I'm hoping the white spider suit isn't brought up again in dialogue or have bearing on the story because I really just don't wanna see it again for any reason.

Interestingly, both MCU Homecoming suits (Stark's and the homemade one) are unlockable, and Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man 2 suit is available for free from the second you have the ability to change suits (assuming you have the most recent patch), but neither Andrew Garfield suit is in the game. Shame, because I'd like to play with the ASM2 suit, though it'd be nice if they articulated the eyes (they don't for the Maguire suit). Motionless eyes just look weird to me ever since Civil War...

Junglist Paja

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's a list of 2019 games that caught my interest

The Last of us Part 2
Wrath: Aeon of Ruin
Cyberpunk 77
Days Gone
Rage 2
Observation 
Control 

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
Resident Evil 2 remake
Hitman HD Enhanced Collection
Medievil remake

Detroit: Become Human DLC please!

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
In case anyone wasn't aware, the Spider-Man PS4 game is absolutely superb.

Sorry to anyone whose edits I've recently procured, but pretty much everything else is on the back burner while I obsess over this game for at least a couple weeks. ?

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points

I loved the original Link’s Awakening and this version on the Switch looks gorgeous. Excited!

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If it comes out soon enough, this will probably be the version of Link's Awakening that I play with my father.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
[video]
I loved the original Link’s Awakening and this version on the Switch looks gorgeous. Excited!

For a remade Gameboy game, I love the look and feel.

They should do that with Pokemon, too. I'm not a huge fan personally, but they have an endlessly hungry fan base that would love to replay the original Gameboy games if they looked like that, I guarantee it.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Masirimso17 said:
[video]

For a remade Gameboy game, I love the look and feel.

They should do that with Pokemon, too. I'm not a huge fan personally, but they have an endlessly hungry fan base that would love to replay the original Gameboy games if they looked like that, I guarantee it.

Exactly! I love the look too, especially how it relates to the story.

I think the toy look really complements how Link tries very hard to hold on to the innocence of childhood, and staying in his worryless fantasy, but the only way to conquer the Nightmares is not by escaping them, but facing them, challenging them. Waking up the Wind Fish (ironic how the Wind Fish is a whale: a mammal :)), which also means Link’s Awakening from his dream, is the only way Link can conquer his fears of the darkness of adult life, and by doing so, Link matures in the end. Love how the toy look reflects this dream perfectly!

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The President of Nintendo of America is retiring and his successor's name is Bowser...

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190221005804/en/Nintendo-America’s-Reggie-Fils-Aime-Retire-Doug-Bowser/

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
The President of Nintendo of America is retiring and his successor's name is Bowser...

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190221005804/en/Nintendo-America’s-Reggie-Fils-Aime-Retire-Doug-Bowser/

all-hail-president-bowser.jpg

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This youtube series called "War Stories" is excellent. Interviews with creators of games:

e.g. How and why two of the best games ever were created:

Belgarath

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A case for non violent games. Very interesting and different. Also, Eastshade looks neat.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Pokemon Sword and Shield were announced a few days ago, and so were the starters:

Pokemon-Sword-Shield-Starter-Pokemon.jpg

Scorbunny, Sobble and Grookey (left to right)

However, the release date hasn't been announced but it is predicted to be released at the late part of this year.

Top Bottom