• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Video Game Speedruns

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Speed Demos Archive is an excellent site that I have been going to for a while. I mainly watch runs for older games that I used to play myself. Last summer I tried my hand at a speed run for the game Sonic Spinball but I never finished it because that game is hard as shit to run. Earlier this month I was thrilled to see that a run had been completed for it.

Three of my favorite speedruns I've seen:

Sonic 2 by Joe Stanski:

(Note: This video has his commentary.)

Super Mario 64 100% by siglemic:

Toe Jam & Earl by InsipidMuckyWater:

Mark Moore

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ooh, yes, I've been familiar with this site for a while and have watched quite a few speedruns - mostly Castlevania, Mega Man, Zelda, and/or NES-related. Very nice site!

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I do remember using them for a speed run of prince of persia (sands of time) I pretty much watched the whole thing from start to finish, I was taken aback by how fludly the prince moved from place to place and the diffent obstances he faced.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mark Moore said:
Ooh, yes, I've been familiar with this site for a while and have watched quite a few speedruns - mostly Castlevania, Mega Man, Zelda, and/or NES-related. Very nice site!

Oh yeah dude, all those runs are awesome.

And speaking of Zelda, when they do live speedrunning for charity, usually they'll have a 4-way race on Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Top Bottom