• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Video File Nearly Doubles in Size When Imported/Recompression in Architect Studio

TV's Frink said:
I already tried the 23.976 to 23.976 :p

It brought the file in the correct size this time, but it still wants to recompress. I shall try 29.97 now...

when I render in 29.97 (depending on the footage editing I'm sure) I have overlapping frames in the output file.
When I'm rendering with 23.976 frames Architect tells me it wants to recompress and the file gets bigger plus I think it looses some quality.
On my last try I rendered with 23.976 frames plus 2-3 pulldown and that work excellent. Architect only wanted to mess with my menu video.
So now I have a dvd that fits the size of a single layer dvd. Try the same setting and see if it works for you to.
(sometimes Architect says that the finished dvd will be bigger than it actually ends up as after completion, so "Make dvd" a look at the size afterwards)

steFANedit said:
On my last try I rendered with 23.976 frames plus 2-3 pulldown and that work excellent. Architect only wanted to mess with my menu video.
So now I have a dvd that fits the size of a single layer dvd. Try the same setting and see if it works for you to.
Not an option with Lagarith AVI, unfortunately. However, I discovered a solution which I like to call "getting help from others." ;)

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone had a solution to this problem. I have used a 3.7gb m2v file and 244mb ac3 file. Now the DVD is 5.0gb, does anyone have a clue what i did wrong because i still want to add some extras on it and a menu. Any help or suggestions?

And Ill also add that i used HCenc following Captain's tutorial. This is my first time using dvd architect so any help, even the simplest will be great :)

Is that what it actually comes out to when Architect finishes authoring the disc? Or is that just what Architect is guessing in the bottom right corner? If nothing is being re-compressed and you don't have something crazy going on with the menu or project property settings, you should be golden when you actually compile the movie.

Also, see what all it says when you click on optimize disc.

geminigod said:
Is that what it actually comes out to when Architect finishes authoring the disc? Or is that just what Architect is guessing in the bottom right corner? If nothing is being re-compressed and you don't have something crazy going on with the menu or project property settings, you should be golden when you actually compile the movie.

Also, see what all it says when you click on optimize disc.

Thanks for the reply, but once I ran it through DGpulldown, the size went back to normal. :D

I just learned something new. That is a handy little app! Neuron2 is a stud. Glad it did the trick for you to make DVD Architect happy.

For anyone who is interested, my upgrade to Movie Studio Platinum 11 came with an upgrade to DVD Architect 5.0, but it still insists on recompressing 24 fps video. Apparently the only way around this is to buy Vegas Pro, because you can't even buy DVD Architect Pro as a standalone product. Bummer.

Back
Top Bottom