• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Video Clip Content Restrictions for Rated R type material?

seciors

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm working on a rated R fan edit - that's nothing new I know, but I would like to know what is appropriate in terms of posting clips from vimeo in my work-in-progress thread.

I was going to make the content password protected, but what else should be done? In my case, the only rated R stuff is language (but there's plenty of it!). I was also thinking of sticking one of those official "This film is rated R" title cards in the beginning of the clip. Or, if we need to keep things at a PG-13 level, I could drop out the swear words.

I am asking because in the General Rules, this forum is supposed to be PG-13 in nature. I could find no guidelines or rules pertaining to embedded clip contents.

Before people pile on me for being prudish or whatever, my main concern is that some forum member (who is under 18 -- there is no way for the admins to know this) watches this clip or any other rated R clip, parents find out, get angry, and possibly cause problems with/bring attention to our site.

Anyway, I thought this would be a good opportunity for the admins to chime in, since while my own clip is pretty mild as rated R movies go (it's just language), there's plenty of stuff in rated R films that this site might not want links to (nudity, sex, violence, gore, etc). (Also note, I haven't posted any clips yet! Waiting to get feedback on the issue first.)

Good call sectors as you mention the site has a pg-13 rule though I've seen many clips that are r rated in nature (I've probably been guilty of this) recently rogue-thex put out a fanedit of dredd on Vimeo, and general behaviour of some members can be pretty close to the rules. For me I'd say it's up to the editor if they want to put a warning to the clip there showing then so be it, however I wouldn't imagine to many kids visiting this site and if my nephew so anything to go by the video games they play are more graphic in nature then any film. Plus many pg-13 films have a least one f word among many other swear words so it's nothing they probably haven't already seen or heard.

I don't pretend to be an admin, but my guess would be a link to the video on vimeo is fine, and embedded video in the forum is not.

This is how I would make the post:
(Warning, NSFW language)
pass:fanedit [vimeo]httpvimeovideo[vimeo]

Yes, what Rogue said. If you do a NSFW language warning, I don't see a problem with embedding the clip.

Cool, the academy and moderators have spoken! Also thanks to leeroy and Dominic for your input/opinions!

I will go with what Rogue suggested.

Thanks everybody! :)

Back
Top Bottom