• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vertigo - Restored Mono

bigrob

Reaction score
Trophy Points
just putting the idea out there

the 5.1 track had too many fake SFX added, the original 2.0 mono that was included only in the masterpeice collection set is 4 or 5th generation and has quite a bit of damage hiss, crackles, pops). never heard it though

would love to see someone, somehow clean up the track and perhaps remix it to 5.1 using the restored version as a guidline

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I moved this thread from "Movie Preservations... IN-THE-WORKS" to "Preservation Ideas".

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
An interesting thought. I like playing with audio, and I do love Vertigo, though I suspect I would be more inclined to work on a Hitchcock film that needs more extensive work done. Audio aside, Vertigo is pretty damn good as-is.

bigrob

Reaction score
Trophy Points
currently looking at purchasing the original MCA / Universal laser Videodisc edition of Vertigo for the original mono

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The music was sometimes overwhelming, especially during the sequence with Novak and Stewart embracing at the beach.
Still, isn't this more of a tweak than an actual edit?
Not trying to dissuade you ...

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
The music was sometimes overwhelming, especially during the sequence with Novak and Stewart embracing at the beach.
Still, isn't this more of a tweak than an actual edit?
Not trying to dissuade you ...

It'd be a preservation, which is a totally different thing.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oops, like you wrote in post 2.
Don't scan, read, Grasshopper.

Top Bottom