• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vegas Pro Deals

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I too have now made a purchase. Thanks for the heads up, I never would have heard of this otherwise.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the heads-up; I actually picked the bundle up this time! Whether I'll ever actually use Vegas is TBD, but it's cool to know the option is there, with a few bucks going to charity in any case, and I'll take a look at the image editor, also. :)

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't even know what half of this software is, but I love that I can now mess around with it!  Thank you so much @spence and @"hbenthow"

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've never made my own edit of a movie but I've done some minor video editing for personal use (removing commercials from recorded TV, cutting together some home videos for my parents, etc) using Windows Movie Maker and PowerDirector. If I want to try my hand at a fanedit, would it be worth getting Vegas here? I'm certainly not going to spend $400 in the future.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yes. get it. you will never beat this deal (pay what you want)

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Throw's right. This is a terrific deal, one that's unlikely to be bettered in terms of value for money. If you have even an inkling that you might try your hand at editing in the future, consider taking the deal. And since a portion of what you give goes to charity, you'll probably look on it as well spent even if you don't use the software much.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alright, I'm sold. Maybe this will actually motivate me to do something.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Having bought the bundle yesterday, I've been installing and trying some of the programs. So far, I'm very impressed with the MAGIX Video Sound Cleaning Lab. I tried it out on an extremely low-quality copy of a public domain movie from the 1940s, and it was able to drastically improve the audio with a few minutes' worth of tweaks. It could be very useful for fanediting older movies.

The MAGIX Vintage Effects Suite (which is a plugin for Vegas) also seems intriguing. Although I haven't had a chance to test it out yet, it can apparently make digitally-recorded audio sound as though it was recorded on analog equipment. It might be useful for fanedits that make a new movie seem old or blend footage from old and new movies.

WingMantis

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There are about 4 days left on the sale.

I was on the fence because there are some free editors that sound promising. I went ahead and bought it to make sure it didn't sell out or end early and be left out.

The graphic design software comes with 1 year of free updates (Currently on v 15.xx). It's possible there may be a major update in that time (i.e. v 16.0).

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vegas is great,  charity is great.  A good choice all around. I even posted on Facebook about it.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's zero reason not to go for it. There may be good freeware, but Vegas will still trump it. Even if you don't feel you need the extra features, the worst case scenario is you've given to charity (which is actually a good scenario). 

addiesin said:
I even posted on Facebook about it.

That's a good idea. I may do that.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Does anyone know if the licence allows for installation on multiple computers? 

I bought this version a while back and I currently have it on my desktop. I'm thinking of also installing it on my laptop so that I have more flexibility. However, the laptop is a hand-me-down and a bit temperamental, so I'd rather not install it on there if it means I won't be able to put it on another computer in the future.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes I've got Vegas installed on multiple computers without an issue

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Note to anyone who has bought the previous Vegas Humble Bundle: this one is a different bundle, which features Vegas 15 Edit (the old one had Vegas 14), and some of the other software in the bundle is different as well. This new one even comes with Vegas DVD Architect (a DVD and Blu-ray authoring program). You can click the link in the post above for more information.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's now a new Humble Bundle, this time featuring Vegas 15 Pro (this one had Vegas 14 Pro). Some of the other software in the bundle is different as well. This one even comes with Vegas DVD Architect (a DVD and Blu-ray authoring program). You can read more here:

https://forums.fanedit.org/showthread.php?tid=17748

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Threads merged and thanks for the heads up guys. I got the Vegas Pro 14 bundle and could not have been more pleased. $25/£20 for Vegas and DVD-architect is an unbeatable price.

Any idea what the differences are between 'Pro 14' and 'Pro 15' and between 'Pro 15' and 'Pro 15: Edit'?

Top Bottom