• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vegas Pro Deals

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
https://www.humblebundle.com/software/vegas-pro-creative-freedom

Humble Bundle has a Magix branded bundle right now, and if you pay a minimum of $20, you get Vegas 14 Pro included. It also has a bunch of audio production programs and web design stuff that I'm unfamiliar with.

This would seem like a good opportunity for those who want to start video editing but can't justify the usual hundreds of dollars price tag. I haven't tried Vegas since it switched from Sony to Magix, but after doing some research it honestly looks VERY similar to what I am used to.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What's the catch? Is this a one-off $20, or subscription?

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Humble Bundle typically groups together similar software/games/books/etc. into these huge discounts for charity. If it's coming from Humble Bundle then I'd wager it's safe.

If it's truly this cheap, I may pick it up to learn a new NLE. I use Premiere right now, but for $20 I'd be willing to take the gamble.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If i can upgrade to vegas 14 at that price, I may as well. But I find the layout confusing. How exactly do I select it?

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
If i can upgrade to vegas 14 at that price, I may as well. But I find the layout confusing. How exactly do I select it?

Just click on the Pay What You Want button and enter $20 or more and you should be good.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I bought the bundle and Vegas 14 is installing. 

Haven't heard of any of the other programs in the bundle. Any that people are familiar with that are definitely worth making use of?

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Spence, you officially get best post of the year from me :)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
Spence, you officially get best post of the year from me :)

Yep @"spence" is the lord of all he surveys.

I just bought Magix Vegas Pro 14 through Humble Bundle and have an old (Sony Vegas Pro 12) project open in it now with no hitches. The interface looks largely the same. It's not a subscription but a one off payment for the full Vegas program plus 8 other free editing programs. Insane as this deal sounds, it's true.

I can't imagine such a high-quality piece of editing software being available for as low as $20 ever again. So everybody here still struggling with old and/or free editors should take this offer up now. Thanks again Spence.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is it worth having a news item on it? Just to help bring it to people's attention.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's worth noting that this is the Edit version of Pro, so it lacks the authoring software and a couple of other minor things.  It's still an amazing deal and well worth it. Nice find!

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
I just bought Magix Vegas Pro 14 through Humble Bundle and have an old (Sony Vegas Pro 12) project open in it now with no hitches. The interface looks largely the same.

Magix didn't really change much for 14. The interface for versions ~10 through 14 are almost identical. Vegas 15 made some slight changes to the GUI, but they are minor and they give the user more control over the layout.

I think I'm going to grab this for my work computer. Amazing deal. Thanks spence!!!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I grabbed it as well but 

Captain Khajiit said:
It's worth noting that this is the Edit version of Pro, so it lacks the authoring software and a couple of other minor things.

So I have the full version of 13 with authoring, I take it if I make an edit in 14 I won't be able to author using my 13 version?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
So I have the full version of 13 with authoring, I take it if I make an edit in 14 I won't be able to author using my 13 version?

I'd make a guess that you could just based on the fact that 14 automatically booted up with all my saved custom presets from 12 without me asking it to. Just a guess though.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You should be able to have both 13 and 14 installed at the same time. You could use 14 for your NLE, and Architect from your 13 suite.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
FINE!!!

I mean, sweet.

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Courtesy of this promo, I now have a Pro version of Vegas. I look forward to discovering what I can do with it (despite the inevitable months of learning how not to do things...). It appears to have installed alongside my Movie Studio 14 Suite without issue, so hopefully I won't have to change how I author discs.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So far, I think there is already more than 5 people who already bought this, so @spence has also done something for charity. :p

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm glad you guys found use for it! I buy games from Humble Bundle all the time so when I saw this, I thought it was a great opportunity. The more people that have professional-grade programs, the better they'll get at editing, and the better edits we will get.

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for this, picked one up myself. Might be time to finally put Womble out to pasture....

Top Bottom