• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vegas Pro 17 Upgrade with extras--worth it?

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey all!

So I've had the Vegas Pro 13 Suite for a while now, and there's an offer ending today to upgrade to 17 with the Boris FX Continuum 2020 Title Studio and Film Style Unit. I'd be springing for the Suite upgrade, which would run $349. Can anyone comment if this sounds worth it? I would imagine there is a lot of growth in functionality, but any major bugs or flaws? Problems in the fan editing arena? I'm interested in transitioning into the professional arena, so would this be a solid investment?

Thanks!

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I upgraded about a month ago for £109.00 - a birthday present from the wife. I was  reluctant at first as Pro 16 was a nightmare and full of bugs and crashed every five minutes but i am happy to report that since using 17 everything has been plain sailing and i am currently editing 4k footage using a proxy...you must make sure your computer is up to spec...i have not really dived into any of the plug ins and effects but their is plenty of information on you tube. Taking the leap from 13 to 17 will be a big improvement so i'd go for it..as long as your PC / laptop is up to standard.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
They usually do a humble bundle during the year for the previous year's version. I'd say if you don't have a need to mask or use the 3d perspective, you probably don't need the bells and whistles of Pro.

Top Bottom