• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Vegas - preview two video tracks at once

Heavisyde

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've seen people preview two video tracks simultaneously in other software, but can't find a way to do it in Vegas. The only thing I've found is people splitscreening footage into a single preview plane. Is it possible to preview two at once? Would make adding in deleted footage and comparing differences between tracks a lot easier.

Can you share an example of another program that you are referencing? There is a split screen pre/post fx option, but I don't think that's what you're asking about. To do the split screen method you referenced, the easiest way to do this would be to add a mask to the top layer and split the shot in half. You'd see half of one shot on top of the layer just beneath it.

I believe i'd seen an example of it on Premiere or davinci. Regardless, doesn't seem to be possible in Vegas, in the end of I split the single preview threeways so as to preserve the whole image (am currently doing an EE based of 3 alternate cuts), as shown here

Back
Top Bottom