• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Vegas Color Correction

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Last year I started working on a combination of an original series Star Trek episode "The Trouble with Tribbles" and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "Trials and Tribble-ations". The color grading of the two episodes isn't super different, but it becomes noticeable when I am rapidly cutting between the two, as I need to do for the extended version of the fight scene to include direct footage of both crews. I have a lot of difficulty with color grading, because I am partially color blind, so I don't want to attempt to make them match manually. However, I happened to find one frame in the DS9 episode that is untouched from the version in the TOS episode.

Is it possible in to use those two versions of the same frame to create a filter that I could apply universally to adjust every DS9 clip by the same amount to be closer to the TOS grading? I am using Vegas, so if I could do it all entirely in that software it would be great. I found some options for color correcting, but I don't really know what I'm doing.

Back
Top Bottom