• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vector Magic Online

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Convert bitmap images like JPEGs, GIFs and PNGs to the crisp, clean, scalable vector art of EPS, SVG, and PDF with the world's best auto-tracing software.

http://vectormagic.com/home

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
very interesting. have you tried it on anything yet?

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
it works quite well.

Original image

vectest.jpg

Large Bitmap - PSP12 Smart Resize - Default Settings - looks horrible

bitresult.jpg

Large Vector (as a jpg) - played with very briefly - looks very nice, couple of minor defects

vecresult.jpg

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
that is quite nice. are there limitations? how good is it with landscapes or portraits?

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
is that your new tattoo nom?

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
its better to save has a eps ..the n you can make it any size.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i know, i was simply using jpg to show a comparison between the two different formats at a similar resolution. if you want the eps though just holler.

re: portraits

Original

originalrd.jpg

Vector

while obviously a portrait is never going to look that great, this one looks quite good at a similar res as the original. If you view it full size, stand a few feet away from your monitor and it looks ok. quite a nice little online app overall.

re: tattoos

nah tribal designs aren't my thing at all just a good candidate for a vector. i still want a lament config though but to have any detail it would have to be much larger than i would want, or afford, or stand have stabbed into me :p

still, they are a thing of beauty.

hellraiserpuzzleboxl.jpg

Top Bottom