• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Valkyrie

Just rented it last weekend, and it was just as bad as I expected it to be. There is no redeeming feature to this historical mound of feces, with Tom Cruise proving once again that Risky Business was the peak of his career, a comic book movie director not knowing a lick about the assassination attempt, and an audience that already knows the assassination plot failed. This gets a 1 out of 5 in my book, because at least we get to see most of the German Desert Division destroyed.

But how do you really feel?

voodl said:
well, Products made in USA are not dominant in Poland. Here you are top 10 bestsellers last week in one of largest stores:

CD
1. Quiet Nights Diana Krall
2. Spis Rzeczy Ulubionych Andrzej Piaseczny PL
3. No Line On The Horizon U2
4. Zachwyt Ryszard Rynkowski PL
5. Live In London Leonard Cohen
6. Do zobaczenia (CD/DVD) Grzegorz Turnau PL
7. RMF FM na Wiosn? 2009 Various Artist PL
8. Kochaj i Ta?cz OST Various Artist PL
9. Hanna Montana The Movie OST Various Artist
10. Jest dobrze... Various Artist PL

didnt ThrowgnCpr goto poland that week?

Grievous Angel Draven said:
Just rented it last weekend, and it was just as bad as I expected it to be. There is no redeeming feature to this historical mound of feces, with Tom Cruise proving once again that Risky Business was the peak of his career, a comic book movie director not knowing a lick about the assassination attempt, and an audience that already knows the assassination plot failed. This gets a 1 out of 5 in my book, because at least we get to see most of the German Desert Division destroyed.
I really wanted to like it. it is a classic hollywood thriller. no shaky hand-held cam. glorious image. like satin.
but the story was not there. it kept trying to fool us with failed attempts but who cares.
fanedit opportunities?: well, it was too linear a story. since we know the outcome it would have been better
to play with the chronology. VALKYRIE: Mementoized by Jorge?

killbillme said:
fanedit opportunities?: well, it was too linear a story. since we know the outcome it would have been better to play with the chronology. VALKYRIE: Mementoized by Jorge?
Howabout "VALKYRIE: Mementomixed by Jorge"?
You know, gotta keep your trademark/branding in there somehow :)

or Re-memento-mixed... ?

Oh how I suck at this... :p

zeppelinrox said:
killbillme said:
fanedit opportunities?: well, it was too linear a story. since we know the outcome it would have been better to play with the chronology. VALKYRIE: Mementoized by Jorge?
Howabout "VALKYRIE: Mementomixed by Jorge"?
You know, gotta keep your trademark/branding in there somehow :)

or Re-memento-mixed... ?

Oh how I suck at this... :p
its a mouthful anyway. :p
also i probably won't do it. :eek:

I really enjoyed it, but Ive always for the most part been a Tom Cruise fan. If I disliked every star for being batshit crazy pickings would be mighty slim for movies I would enjoy :p

boon23 said:
Now that was a totally disappointing movie for me. The sets looked really good and that is where anything good stops for me. Telling this story as if it was an action movie - no go.
The Third Reich as an easy place to find fellow revolutionaries - no go.
Tom Cruise as Claus von Stauffenberg - no go.
This movie in English - sorry, no go.

i agree with everything you said. the trailer for this made it look very suspenseful and full of intrigue, like a rogue governement agent in a spy movie or something. it was a bit more talky and melodramatic than i expected it to be. maybe that's why i was disappointed. i guess i just expected more from a big name director, a superstar, and the guy who wrote the usual suspects.

Back
Top Bottom