• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Valhalla Rising - Music Video edit.

Conor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I cut Nicolas Winding Refn's Valhalla Rising into a music video for Big Business's Lonely Lyle.

The lyrics are slightly ambiguous with a definite tone that fits the footage well... and there was no video for the song already.

This gives a vignette of the good shit in the beginning and some well used clips towards the end with minimal spoilers that is cut to the music.

The song and film rock. Pretty much my first exported fan edit, feedback welcome.

Cheers lads.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moved to Music subforum in the General section. To my understanding, this is more of a compilation of footage set to a song, rather than an actual fan edit that has a plot and story. Full disclosure, I haven't watched it but did check youtube to make sure there are no direct download links (there aren't, so thank you for that,but it might have counted my checking as a "view").

slekyr

Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Moved to Music subforum in the General section. To my understanding, this is more of a compilation of footage set to a song, rather than an actual fan edit that has a plot and story. Full disclosure, I haven't watched it but did check youtube to make sure there are no direct download links (there aren't, so thank you for that,but it might have counted my checking as a "view").

Apologies for going off topic but this bring up a question that I have.  How does what he did differ from something like Q or Life.  I'm not saying that they are the same quality but I'm confused where the line is that differentiates them.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's a blurry line and I don't think you'll get a solid 100% definite answer, but personally off the top of my head I'd say the distinction lies in the fact that those are multiple songs accompanying footage, whereas this is one song with the footage cut specifically to it as a music video. The real difference is in the editor's intent.

Conor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can clarify it is not just a compilation of footage set to music.

I loved the film but some of my friends said it was boring, Refn's films often have a lot of atmospheric space for reflection which I totally get can be a drag.

I heard this song and thought I could cut the entire film to ten minutes, which wasn't possible.

I condensed several of the films chapters into 2 parts (Loneliness and Isolation) The first part being One Eye's (Lyle's) enslavement and escape, though surrounded by people he is lonely. No trace of Christians or God whatsoever in the middle. 
Then part 2 post escape, he is isolated, no other people around, which itself a struggle for him to deal with.

Top Bottom