• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Valerian and Laureline: Welcome to Alpha:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
In terms of the “marriage proposal” subplot, it’s a middle ground between the original and the total absence of romance. I think it was fine, the characters have a weird and inconsistent connection throughout the film, so after removing the many “on-the-nose” goofy moments, what remains is balanced. Removing Bubbles’ death scene was a good ting, that was way too cheap in the original. The dream sequence has been inserted into the end-reveal flashback, so we see no duplication of the same events. The subplot of Valerian trying to make sense of the dream is, as a result, gone, but the film doesn’t get worse because of it. Now he’s just trying to find the truth, there was no need to make him go chasing after his vision. About the scene between Valerian and Laureline when talking about giving up the Converter, damn, does it get better like this. Many times, less is more. In this case, less dialogue. Maybe because of both actors’ performances, less dialogue makes the scene a lot better. I’m of the opinion that the “Pearl Princess” subplot should have definitely been removed, it brings nothing to the story. But the editor has stated that, after trying to do that, there were issued with some scenes, so maybe it’s a hard thing to cut. At 0h59m31, cutting from Laureline to the alien being tortured, the cut is too abrupt and noticeable. That’s when the “you little prick” section was cut (and rightfully so) from the original. Note: I’ve watched both the 2D and 3D version of the film. The 3D version is professionally edited, didn’t notice any issue with all the new cuts, other than what I've stated above.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom