• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

[V2.5 NOW AVAILABLE - 2021] The Amazing Spider-Man: Extended Edition

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My first Amazing Spider-Man fanedit has been disapproved due to the poor looking "Help Me" scene. There is a problem with my Amazing Spider-Man Blu-Ray where I can't rip the "Help Me" scene, but since I own the source, I thought there would be no problem and I downloaded that scene and that is why it looks poor. I understand now that I should have bought a new Blu-Ray of the same film to fix this problem.

Reave, the person who reviewed it, was not (and possibly won't be) able to review the second one due to some very complicated issues. I will re-submit my Amazing Spider-Man 2 fanedit, find a new reviewer and hopefully get it approved. Until my Iron Man 2, The Desolation of Smaug, The Battle of the Five Armies and The Fellowship of the Ring fanedits (which are all In-The-Works) and also most recently my ready-for-submitting Amazing Spider-Man 2 fanedit are all approved (because I want to finish them and have more space in my computer before moving on), I will not re-buy the Amazing Spider-Man 1 Blu-Ray, rip it and re-edit it yet. But I will still definitely do it at some point.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, you should add this scene from Chronicle, for ASM 2.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[MENTION=9578]Neglify[/MENTION] it's a very cool scene but Harry doesn't have telekinetic abilities so... :p

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've moved this back to in-the-works.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
Neglify it's a very cool scene but Harry doesn't have telekinetic abilities so... :p

That's why it'd be such an awesome twist!!!1!!!1 :spider:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moved to "inactive" at request of editor.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
moved back to in-the-works (active) as per the editor's request

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alright, this edit is back in-the-works. I bought another copy of the Blu-Ray, ripped the film plus all deleted scenes in full 1080p HD quality, and I'm currently working on it on Premiere Pro. Once I'm done, I will re-submit it to the academy for review (because as far as I understand once the edit is submitted it must to go through the review process, despite the fact that the editor is approved or not).

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are you going to do that change that I talked about before?

The deleted scene of Peter and Connors in the bathroom, instead of zooming the shot to get rid of his green glove, make clever cuts to hide it without loss of picture quality.

I think it's an easy thing to edit, as I showed you with my sample clip it can be done. But, if you're using proper quality footage for the deleted scene now, hopefully it won't look as bad when you zoom.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Are you going to do that change that I talked about before?

Yes, I will try my best to fix this issue. If I can't, then I will have to either get an effects expert and get rid of the arm, or at worst, zoom.

However, it won't look as bad as it was the first time if I do zoom, because as I said, I bought another copy of The Amazing Spider-Man and it is not damaged and I was able to rip that part from the Blu-Ray, unlike my previous copy.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Two new clips for you guys:

You're going to love this one, [MENTION=9578]Neglify[/MENTION]:

So what do you guys think?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread reopened at request of the editor.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Never could get around making the fanedits I wanted, could I? And this one's no exception. Either circumstances prevented me from edited, or I simply felt lazy/didn't feel like doing it. For something I very much enjoy doing, when it comes to starting on it, I just don't feel like it. And it's not just editing, but everything in my life (but that's another story).

However, I found a Blu-Ray version of this edit I've done before and burned to a BR that's actually near perfect. I had finished this a while ago but (I thought) I rendered it at 25fps, making it look bad, and I had lost the project files so I had to do them all over again. Well, I found the BR I lost, and learned that the video actually 24 fps! So I have a perfectly viable release for ASM: EE ready to go!

@"reave" was going to review it but I've done this version after I released my Amazing Spider-Man 2 edit and The Hobbit: Fire & Water. I am planning on making a new version too. I sent a PM to him about what to do. Nevertheless, expect a new extended cut of Amazing Spider-Man from me soon.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After quite a long time, I'm finally happy with the cover for this edit: :)

theamazingspidermanextendededition-2.png

theamazingspidermanextendededition-disc.png

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you so much @"theryaney". Amazing Spider-Man: Extended Edition coming at the start of February!

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I personally own the Spider-Man Legacy Collection on Blu-ray, and I honestly can't wait for this fanedit! ^^

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My Spider sense is telling me this edit is now on ifdb.

Top Bottom