• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

[V2.5 NOW AVAILABLE - 2021] The Amazing Spider-Man: Extended Edition

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You can't really 'match source' because if your video is a 720p MPEG2 then your output will be as well. It doesn't work that way if you want an MP4 as your output. The minute you change the video codec you'd make it a 'custom' preset.

Also (as before) hard to compare settings if you only post one output :)
What version of Premiere Pro are you using, if I'm correct in guessing that it is in fact that?

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
You can't really 'match source' because if your video is a 720p MPEG2 then your output will be as well. It doesn't work that way if you want an MP4 as your output. The minute you change the video codec you'd make it a 'custom' preset.

Also (as before) hard to compare settings if you only post one output :)
What version of Premiere Pro are you using, if I'm correct in guessing that it is in fact that?

I'm using Premiere Pro CC 2014, and as for the settings, I didn't quite get why you can't match source? I choose the "Match Source" choice from the output settings, and all the settings I posted are the default settings for that, not custom. The settings are also the same for both the MPEG2 and the MP4.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You might want to post in the technical forum, you may get help from someone who otherwise wouldn't know you are having issues due to their lack of interest in Spider-man.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
^What Frink said. Also this doesn't really have to be an issue. I'd just go with using MP4. Worst case scenario if you don't understand why: everyone else is using it so it must do something right :p

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
You might want to post in the technical forum, you may get help from someone who otherwise wouldn't know you are having issues due to their lack of interest in Spider-man.

Kal-El said:
^What Frink said. Also this doesn't really have to be an issue. I'd just go with using MP4. Worst case scenario if you don't understand why: everyone else is using it so it must do something right :p

Alright, I understand. Next time I'll post there. I'll convert the MPEG2 files to MP4.

But Masirimso, you ask, you said files, didn't you mean file? Nope, I meant files, because both of my Extended Editions are finished, and are ready for upload. I will convert both fanedits to MP4, then I'll upload them to MEGA.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alright, so I showed a friend of mine both of my Extended Versions, and she really liked them and told me that it was much better than the theatrical versions, which she enjoyed both very much (yes, people like the second one as well, she called it a great movie and I agree).

Anyway, at the end of the second movie where (SPOILERS... DUH) Gwen Stacy dies, she wasn't affected at all, and she was confused. After the film ended, I asked her why she wasn't affected by the ending, which most of my friends and the internet agrees that that part is a very emotional part of the film, she told me that she isn't dead because her death scene at Peter's arms were at the left side:

2015_02_25_16_31_42_1600x896_zpsfb7z28pg.png

2015_02_25_16_31_52_1600x896_zpsmhkax5q7.png

She told me all filmmakers must be careful about this and that when a character dies, if the head of the dead body is at the right side of the mourning person, it means he or she is permenantly dead. If the head is at the left side of the mourning person like in these screenshots, it means she will sooner or later return in some form.

At first I thought this was absurd, however later I checked for some legit death scenes. I remembered in the Hobbit that Thorin was at the right side, and in LOTR, Boromir was in the right as well:

lotr-boromir.jpg

I checked Uncle Ben's death in The Amazing Spider-Man, and...:

2015_02_25_16_41_09_1600x896_zpsqf9aikxl.png

2015_02_25_16_41_23_1600x896_zpsixlcaec4.png

Then I wondered how they did it in Spider-Man 2002, and that almost destroyed this theory:

Uncle-Ben.jpg

Why almost? Well, that's because he returns in Spider-Man 2... sort of. In the scene where Peter has an inner conflict, he has a conversation with Uncle Ben, which we never saw before.

cliffrobertson.jpg

Then I checked a faked death, Loki's, from Thor: The Dark World. And guess what?

2015_02_25_16_33_06_1600x896_zpsbktsunzh.png

2015_02_25_16_33_08_1600x896_zpsu6hbqexy.png

I was shocked, and my first thought was: Is this real? Is it just a big coincidence, or is this a real rule in Hollywood death scenes? I searched for it on the internet, however nothing about that came. My second thought was: Was Sony originally planning on bringing the Clone Saga to The Amazing Spider-Man 3? As a lot of you might know, the Clone Saga had Gwen Stacy ressurected by cloning, and some clones of Spider-Man etc.

clone-saga-1-png.png

But that didn't matter anymore, because they are rebooting again, so if this rule exists, Gwen Stacy's death in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 remains done wrong. My friend told me something that is basically non-existent on the internet, but the scenes I checked supports this "rule". I really don't know guys, I wanted to ask you guys about this because maybe you guys know about it. Does this rule exist?

If it does exist, I will flip the shot of Gwen dying in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Never heard of it and I don't believe it.

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd say flip the shot just to be sure. I've never heard of this "rule" either, but there's already a version where she's dead on the left side, why not flip it for the hell of it?

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Never heard of it before, but interesting theory nonetheless.

EDIT: Since Peter is already freaking out about Gwen's dad, why not her as well? That's probably what they intended for Spidey 3? [MENTION=26261]Masirimso17[/MENTION] did you check Dennis Leary's death scene in Spidey 1?

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nic said:
I'd say flip the shot just to be sure. I've never heard of this "rule" either, but there's already a version where she's dead on the left side, why not flip it for the hell of it?

Well, I'd do it however I finished exporting and it's converting to MP4 now, so since nobody ever heard about this "rule" I'm not going to bother importing, flipping, exporting, and converting all over again.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
Did you check Dennis Leary's death scene in Spidey 1?

2015_02_26_16_49_05_1600x896_zpsnrb8uncm.png

2015_02_26_16_49_15_1600x896_zpsesnzw8l3.png

However I think the inner conflict part at Raimi's Spider-Man 2 doesn't count as a return does it? "Rule" debunked... However maybe they did plan the Clone Saga for ASM3... I don't know.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Interesting theory nonetheless.
Besides... Parker's vision of Ben is CLEARLY a vision/dream/call it what you will.
It was a 'return' as Ben was talking to Peter and they were conversing.
in ASM2 Parker is in fact thinking he's seeing George everywhere, which is not entirely the same thing.
It's as if George is tailing Parker to keep him in check. But it's nothing new, since he's constantly being reminded of his promise to George by his subconcious. So that is not a return, while Ben's vision could be seen as a return.

Whether or not it's a theory is apparently very easily swept aside on this thread by other people despite no evidence to the contrary. But should it be a theory then it still holds up.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
Whether or not it's a theory is apparently very easily swept aside on this thread by other people despite no evidence to the contrary. But should it be a theory then it still holds up.

How many examples support this theory, exactly. I have no doubt there are as many if not more examples that don't support it.

What you call no evidence, I call coincidence.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well I'm still not saying it's a theory but you have to admit that Masirimso's examples do tend to support this 'theory'. It's all subject to interpretation, and I for one am open to it, but others seem to just deny such a theory might exist even though there's no proof to either confirm or deny it. Yes you're absolutely right in saying it might be coincidence, but it might just as well not be.

One of my first questions was of course: where did this girlfriend of his get that theory and -if relevant- what is her day job? Do the answers to these questions support her theory and lend her credibility or might she just be a crackpot that wanted to outsmart Masirimso by pulling his leg with some outlandish made up cock-and-bull-story?

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
Well I'm still not saying it's a theory but you have to admit that Masirimso's examples do tend to support this 'theory'.
You definitely said it's a theory over and over again lol. :p

where did this girlfriend of his get that theory?
Sounds like she didn't like the film or the moment in the film but didn't want to be mean and came up with an excuse that wouldn't be offensive. I still think it's BS.
But maybe she doesn't think it's BS, maybe she believes it. Maybe she believes in chem trails and giant rats in French sewers or something. The truth of the matter is none of us have ever heard of this alleged rule mentioned by a girl only known by one member of the site, kiss method says she made it up, it's possible that it's a common belief in their region but that's a leap in logic without real facts.

The burden of proof does not lie on those who hold the default position. It lies on those who wish to shift it.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin I meant 'still not saying it is a theory' more as in 'a valid theory' :p
Probably right about her not liking it and nice quote! :)

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have to apologize for not giving you the right "rule" to you guys. I thought she said this rule is that the side where the head is has to be at the right side of the mourning person's body, but apparently I wasn't listening carefully to her. You guys probably know the Rule of Thirds, right? Well, apparently what she meant with the dead person's position is that the last time we see of the dead person, the head should be at least aiming towards the right side of the Rule of Thirds and not the opposite:

2015_03_02_18_51_37_1600x896_zpsecol2vlb.jpg

So basically I told you a wrong rule. But at least Uncle Ben dies at the "correct" side in the original this time.

2015_03_02_18_51_37_1600x896_zpsmthu5vmk.jpg

Regardless, this is still a "rule of death on the thirds" that we haven't heard before. Right?

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, so both of my edits are uploaded to MEGA. I sent PM(s) for the ones that wanted to see it and I sent a PM to Neglify so he can give me some feedback, because I thought he was a really good reviewer and was the best person I could ask. No offence to the others though :)

If anybody wants to see my fanedit, I'd be happy to send the links via PM.

Top Bottom