• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

[V2.5 NOW AVAILABLE - 2021] The Amazing Spider-Man: Extended Edition

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, so I have 2 Superman fanedits planned right now, however since the big news came out about Spider-Man, I decided to make the Superman edits after my Spider-Man projects. First I want to start with something simple: A classic Extended Edition of The Amazing Spider-Man films.

I had an Amazing Spider-Man No Origin edition in the works about a year ago, however due to the fact that I changed my mind, I had decided to cancel that project. However, since I love the original film so much and due to the fact that I don't agree with half of the changes of the edit (despite being a great edit for what it wants to be), I wanted to make my own Extended Edition of the film.

I will insert every deleted scene to both of the movies except the doorman scene, "Bad Lizard", "Peter Meets His Father" and "Mayhem In The Morgue". I will also improve the saturation to the first movie a little bit so that it looks more colorful.

After this I will make a Finale Extended Edition of the second film (which I also love so don't expect extreme changes) which reinstates the deleted scenes as well as rearranging it to be a finale of the two-part series so that it can be complete. But for now, let's focus on this one.

Any thoughts?

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sooo, slightly off topic but you're going to name your Superman II edit after an official release? Why not an original title?

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For The Amazing Spider-man 2, have Peter give up being Spider-man and end the film there. NO RHINO!

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
Sooo, slightly off topic but you're going to name your Superman II edit after an official release? Why not an original title?

*Entirely off-topic.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
*Entirely off-topic.
He brought it up himself in his opening paragraph and it's in his signature...

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
His first paragraph didn't mention what you brought up, and signatures have nothing to do with the relevance of a topic in a particular thread. By that logic, my edits would be relevant in every thread I post in.

Also, don't be arguing with the new moderator.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wilhelm scream said:
For The Amazing Spider-man 2, have Peter give up being Spider-man and end the film there. NO RHINO!

Kal-El said:

This is the page for the first Amazing Spider-Man only. We shall discuss it in my ideas thread about my future fanedits if you want, but here let's focus on the first Amazing Spider-Man. ;-)

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I have some updates about this project. Firstly, I uploaded a clip on Youtube from my fanedit, can you check it out and give me your opinion?

I added a mechanical "You have new voicemail from: Peter Parker" sound from Gwen's phone after the "Help Me" scene and some shots from the sewers without Peter to indicate he's in the sewers (and because there wasn't enough shots of Gwen talking to Peter in the movie) I had to use some slow motion for a few seconds, however I think you can get over a little, can't you ;)?

Another thing, the fanedit is almost done. The only things left to do is to export and upload. I need some feedback from some people before I submit it to the academy, so if you want to check my fanedit out and/or give some tips, PM me and I'll reply with the links once I upload it to the internet.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why does the "you have new voicemail from Peter Parker" voice overlap the ringtone?

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah I guess that's a problem I have to fix. I'm going to give some finishing touches to the fanedit itself too before exporting anyway, thanks for your point TV's Frink

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can buy the slow-mo, but the reuse of shots is bothersome. Maybe cut to Gwen getting the ringtone, then show images of Flash and the other girl being seen by the police, and then a long shot of the sewer before cutting back to Conners.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nic said:
I can buy the slow-mo, but the reuse of shots is bothersome. Maybe cut to Gwen getting the ringtone, then show images of Flash and the other girl being seen by the police, and then a long shot of the sewer before cutting back to Conners.

That's a good idea, I'll use that, however the shot was reused in the real movie as well :D

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
That's a good idea, I'll use that, however the shot was reused in the real movie as well :D
Good to know...

picard-facepalm.jpg

Back to helping out, reusing the same shot doesn't work because (A) all your showing is an image of a sewer with nothing going on in it and (B) the shot doesn't last very long, so reusing the 360 shot of Gwen is more noticeable.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nic said:
Back to helping out, reusing the same shot doesn't work because (A) all your showing is an image of a sewer with nothing going on in it and (B) the shot doesn't last very long, so reusing the 360 shot of Gwen is more noticeable.

Hey, don't worry, I understood the first time, I just pointed out a fail from the movie itself. I'm uploading the new version as we speak.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, so I made a new version of my previous clip according to your tips:

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I made a cover art:

amazingspidermancover_zpsd26f22d8.jpg

I am going to make a Blu-Ray cover as well, so I was wondering what is the size of a Blu-Ray cover in pixels?

Top Bottom