• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

[V2.5 NOW AVAILABLE - 2021] The Amazing Spider-Man: Extended Edition

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
My Spider sense is telling me this edit is now on ifdb.

Woohoo! :D Finally, after a long time I am able to release this edit! Thanks, @"TM2YC" 

Anyone interested, please send me a PM. However, the journey is not over yet. With a regrade by the great and talented @"Bobson Dugnutt" (thanks again buddy!) and an outline ready, both Version 2.0 of this edit and Amazing Spider-Man 2: The Untold Finale Edition are on the horizon!

I have school/exam/university preparation stuff I’m dealing with plus a lot of personal goals, plans, and projects (including a very low-budget Legend of Zelda fan film!) so I doubt I will get them done shortly, but I hope I can get them done as soon as possible.

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"Masirimso17" , this edit was a treat to watch! Thank you for elevating this beyond a straight-up extended edition.

I loved the moment where you inserted the deleted scene of Connors talking to his son. The green-screen hand is unfinished, so visible. My kids declared with authority that "Look! He wrapped his arm to hide that it's growing back." A wonderful unintended consequence. :)

I did have to adjust the volume a few times. Setting it to a level where all dialogue was clear and easy to understand, made some of the sound effects uncomfortably loud. Realistic, but not preferred in my living-room.

As an aside, Gwen totally outshines Peter. Hurray for Gwen!

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lapis molari said:
@"Masirimso17" , this edit was a treat to watch! Thank you for elevating this beyond a straight-up extended edition.

I loved the moment where you inserted the deleted scene of Connors talking to his son. The green-screen hand is unfinished, so visible. My kids declared with authority that "Look! He wrapped his arm to hide that it's growing back." A wonderful unintended consequence. :)

I did have to adjust the volume a few times. Setting it to a level where all dialogue was clear and easy to understand, made some of the sound effects uncomfortably loud. Realistic, but not preferred in my living-room.

As an aside, Gwen totally outshines Peter. Hurray for Gwen!

Thank you so much, lapis! I loved that comment by your kids :D Not sure what to do with that in my version 2, maybe decolor it like samspider3, or leave it as is... I dunno. And yes I love Gwen too, best love interest in a superhero movie BY FAR.

Wish I could send you a finished version of my Amazing Spider-Man 2 edit but I only have the draft available, and the older versions are lost, unfortunately.

I will come back to working on version 2 and return to ASM2... eventually. After I finish editing my Zelda fan film and my X-Men edit(s) probably. Then I'll definitely address the volume issues. I'm still angry that I lost everything when I lost my hard drive after moving and that I have to start from scratch again with both of them, especially since I made great progress with them.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Motleys Fanedits said:
@"Masirimso17", what shall we expect in Version 2.0? :)

Better color correction (special thanks to @"Bobson Dugnutt") better deleted scene implementation (volume, transitions, sfx, rescoring), a few custom scenes (newly shot scene or newly recorded lines for example Norman Osborn in ASM2— special thanks to @"Problem Eliminator") all the little changes made in version 1 and perhaps more. It’ll come eventually, but not very soon.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally got back to working on this edit. In addition to better transitions from what I’ve learned over the years, I’m also doing things I could only dream of back when I did Version 1 years ago. Lol, maybe I’m being dramatic, but indeed making my Legend of Zelda fan film and learning a lot about VFX paid off immensely, as I was able to accomplish a difficult idea in this edit with ease and am very proud of it; I will share it tomorrow. I only have one qualm with it that I wish to discuss.

Moreover, I plan to release two versions of this:

1) An updated version of my Extended Edition with some added music from TASM2 for continuity and avoid the annoying repetition of one of James Horner’s leitmotifs in the deleted scenes. Also one change which I referred to above to further make the movie as close as possible to the shooting script.

2) Adding the Roosevelt plot from Amazing Spider-Man 2 to resolve the Parker mystery in the first movie (inspired by Sensational Spider-Man by @"samspider3", but not nearly as drastic as his edit) but removing the detail that only those of the Parker bloodline can be a successful cross species.

This also probably means my ASM2 edit will also have a version without the Roosevelt plot and one with.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And here is what is undoubtedly the highlight of the newest version. In addition to adding back the deleted scenes and tweaking them to do away the unfinished effects or bad editing, I brought together the separated scenes of Peter and Connors in the sewers as it was originally intended. This was the scene I mentioned I was really proud of:

Unfortunately, to avoid Connors and Peter overlapping I had to slow down Connors walking at 1:23 before going back to normal speed again. It kind of sticks out like a sore thumb to me because I edited it, but I wonder if it is noticable and disturbing to you guys? If so I wonder how I can fix it...

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
If so I wonder how I can fix it...

This is great. Bizarrely I also had to slow down some footage in the sewers for my forthcoming Amazing Spider-Man 1+2 edit but mine was to avoid a continuity error during Peter's phone call to Gwen. I look forward to seeing V2 of this in all its glory soon.

Keep up the good work.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Malthus said:
Masirimso17 said:
If so I wonder how I can fix it...

This is great. Bizarrely I also had to slow down some footage in the sewers for my forthcoming Amazing Spider-Man 1+2 edit but mine was to avoid a continuity error during Peter's phone call to Gwen. I look forward to seeing V2 of this in all its glory soon.

Keep up the good work.

Really? I don't know, looking at it I think it's kind of distracting. It's probably due to my perfectionist mind when editing and paying attention at stuff viewers wouldn't normally see.

But now that I think about it maybe it's because it speeds up mid-leg movement. Maybe it the speedup starts after Connors finishes his step (and maybe have the speed ramp be less jarring) I could make it work better.

Maybe Peter walking smoothly while Connors is choppy also contributes to it?

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
now that I think about it maybe it's because it speeds up mid-leg movement. Maybe it the speedup starts after Connors finishes his step (and maybe have the speed ramp be less jarring) I could make it work better.

For clarity, I agree it is a little jarring but I feel it's worth it for what you gain. Your proposed fix could certainly improve it.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Malthus said:
Masirimso17 said:
now that I think about it maybe it's because it speeds up mid-leg movement. Maybe it the speedup starts after Connors finishes his step (and maybe have the speed ramp be less jarring) I could make it work better.

For clarity, I agree it is a little jarring but I feel it's worth it for what you gain. Your proposed fix could certainly improve it.

Made a quick fix to the previous vid, the slow-mo has been made a lot smoother and the transition to normal speed is made much more seamless. In addition I fixed the mask, feather, and brightness/contrast of the Connors image to blend better with the Peter image. Right click the video and press "loop" to see it better.

EDIT: On a different note I'm on the fence, should I keep Peter stealing Rodrigo Guevara's badge or remove it? @"samspider3" removed it in his edit. It makes Peter look like a dick and Oscorp security look ridiculously stupid... but it's also funny. What to do... :D

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
should I keep Peter stealing Rodrigo Guevara's badge or remove it?

Cut the stupid. There's still plenty of better humor in the film.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lapis molari said:
Masirimso17 said:

Okay, second question. Theatrical or alternate Ben's death? Marc Webb thinks he didn't shoot the alternate version very well and thought it was confusing (though I personally don't see a problem plus the theatrical isn't shot significantly better or anything...) so he reshot it. In the theatrical, Ben's death has (in the words of Marc Webb) the dramatic irony where as a result of the effort that Peter Parker should have made, as in Ben trying to stop the killer bu running towards him, he has to pay the price. On the other hand, in the alternate version I really like how Peter ignores Ben's last phone call and that contributes to his guilt (istead of Ben's last call on screen being him probably raging about Aunt May). There is also the fact that I used the theatrical Ben's death in my Spider-Man Homecoming edit and I'd prefer to use a different version. Dunno, I'm leaning towards the alternate version, but I would like you guys' opinions as well

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
New clip, requesting feedback:

Read after you watch please

I'm wondering about how well I replaced the music and deleted Connors' arm, would appreciate all the help.

VortexUnlimited

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
lapis molari said:
Masirimso17 said:

Okay, second question. Theatrical or alternate Ben's death? Marc Webb thinks he didn't shoot the alternate version very well and thought it was confusing (though I personally don't see a problem plus the theatrical isn't shot significantly better or anything...) so he reshot it. In the theatrical, Ben's death has (in the words of Marc Webb) the dramatic irony where as a result of the effort that Peter Parker should have made, as in Ben trying to stop the killer bu running towards him, he has to pay the price. On the other hand, in the alternate version I really like how Peter ignores Ben's last phone call and that contributes to his guilt (istead of Ben's last call on screen being him probably raging about Aunt May). There is also the fact that I used the theatrical Ben's death in my Spider-Man Homecoming edit and I'd prefer to use a different version. Dunno, I'm leaning towards the alternate version, but I would like you guys' opinions as well
I'm for the alternate version. For me, it carried more emotional weight for the reason you mentioned, plus the theatrical almost felt like a rehash of the Raimi's in some ways. Also, apologies if this has already been mentioned in this thread but in one of the featurettes on the Blu-Ray there are some deleted scenes of Peter skateboarding. Nothing much, but it has him doing some cool Spider-Man gymnastics and familiarizing himself with his powers. Perfect for an extended edition, but they're pretty short so I don't know if they'd affect the pacing. Best of luck with the edit! :D

VortexUnlimited

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
New clip, requesting feedback:

Read after you watch please

I'm wondering about how well I replaced the music and deleted Connors' arm, would appreciate all the help.
I don't remember what the original score was for the Gweter scene, but I think the Zimmer does the job really well. As for the bathroom scene, Sandman's score is too recognizable for me so it kind of sticks out. Conners' arm looked good, but there were some bits in the first and third close up that you could see the prop glove peak. I think that could be fixed with a roto-ed shot of his hand or something, but I'm not sure.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just thought Sandman’s theme was super cool and fir perfectly there so I don’t mind :)

I’ll see what I can do with Connors’ hand

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's a clip from my alternate Extended Edition which includes the parents storyline from the sequel to resolve it in the first movie. Tell me what you think!

A finished, hopefully final cut is rendering right now. @"Malthus" has graciously offered preview it, and if all is well this will be ready for release.

Top Bottom