• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Username and Profile Picture Change

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm thinking of changing my username and profile picture. 

Even though I only started using the forum recently, I created my account a few years ago with a username that I don't really make use of any more; I also tend to associate it with a lot of old projects that are a bit naff. So, now that I'm preparing my first fanedit for submission, I thought it would be worth considering a rebrand. 

The reason I posted a thread about it is because:

A. I wanted to check with peeps in case changing your username is a highly unorthodox taboo that results in shunning, isolation or some other ghastly consequence... and-

B. If I DO change my username and profile picture, I want to make people aware of it and avoid any confusion in case you all wonder why some randomer has stolen credit for "Juniquex"'s CFTBL edit.

So, this is me checking. Everyone all right if I change my username and profile picture?

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You can change your profile picture anytime you want. As for your username an admin will have to do it.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah i changed mine as it had numbers on the end originally. Mr Frink sorted it for me.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yep, username changes are ok...but probably not more than once in a blue moon.  I myself signed up with a random name years ago before I realized I'd be sticking around, and got it changed to my current name.  Changing once is fine, changing every other month would be a problem.

And as Q2 said you can change your avatar whenever you want.  Some people change their avatar frequently.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome. Thanks, guys :)

@"TVs Frink" would you be able to change my user name to The Scribbling Man, please? I'm assuming it's OK to use spaces? If not then, TheScribblingMan will do fine.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Before it disappears I'm curious where Juniquex comes from if its not too intrusive to ask? Mine was my CB radio handle when I was a teenager and it just stuck as my online identity in one form or another.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinbad said:
Before it disappears I'm curious where Juniquex comes from if its not too intrusive to ask? Mine was my CB radio handle when I was a teenager and it just stuck as my online identity in one form or another.

Not at all :)

It doesn't actually mean anything as far as I remember... I think it was for an online game I played when I was a kid. You had to come up with names for these creatures you had and I named them Juniquex, Juniquez and Juniquey. Similar to you, Juniquex ended up just sticking as my go-to username whenever I needed one.

On that note, I'm quite curious as to where a lot of peoples usernames come from! Would be a good idea for a thread.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:

@"TVs Frink" would you be able to change my user name to The Scribbling Man, please? I'm assuming it's OK to use spaces? If not then, TheScribblingMan will do fine.

Consider it changed.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
The Scribbling Man said:

Consider it changed.

Thank you, sir!

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
Sinbad said:

Not at all :)

It doesn't actually mean anything as far as I remember... I think it was for an online game I played when I was a kid. You had to come up with names for these creatures you had and I named them Juniquex, Juniquez and Juniquey. Similar to you, Juniquex ended up just sticking as my go-to username whenever I needed one.

On that note, I'm quite curious as to where a lot of peoples usernames come from! Would be a good idea for a thread.

Ahh I see...

Yes I though that too when I posted my reply that it would make a good thread, I'll leave it to 'The Scribbling Man' to start that one off...

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Question: I've noticed that my reviews are still listed under the name Juniquex - is there a way to change that?

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
Question: I've noticed that my reviews are still listed under the name Juniquex - is there a way to change that?

I forgot to change it on IFDB. Should be fixed now.

Julien Josselin

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi, i have the same problem. I had this account since a moment, but now that i realeased my first edit i would like to change "Fenouil" to "Julien Josselin" or "JulienJosselin" if we cant add a space between the names.

That would be awesome, thank you very much !

J

Top Bottom