• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

URGENT HELP with my edit BEFORE I CRY!

ultimatesquash

Reaction score
Trophy Points
this will possibly sound stupid as i dont really know the perametres of compiling a dvd or the rules you must follow but i have sucessfully ripped and edited the back to the future trilogy to one film.
the problem comes with now putting it to dvd i have been recieving errors when extracting it from womble to m2v + ac3 audio when i try to write it in tmpg dvd author and dvd lab pro. i have also tried banging it straight to dvd files from womble.
heres probably the clincher its 5hrs 10 mins long. i kinda imagined it could be shrunk in dvd shrink once the files have been created as obviously the 14Gb will not fit of one dvd(i dont have bluray or hd).

please can someone help me and my pals are planning an uninterupted marathon.

NexPhr3ak0r

Reaction score
Trophy Points
for 5 hrs of movie. The smallest you would want to shrink it is down to a dual layer and even then you still are talkign quality loss. Have you thought of making a two dual layer disc set?

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
so you say you cannot include the much to big mpg file into a DVD authoring program, because of the limitations.
What you need to use is a bitrate calculator, which will tell you the bitrate this needs to fit on a DL DVD.
Then you need to encode this with CCE or tmpgenc using the set variable bitrate. You will need to use variable bitrate with multipass by all means or the quality will be subpar.
This will give you a mpg file that will fit on a DVD.

And please don't open a new topic for every new help you need on the same project.

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Consider Divx if you have a compatible DVD player.

ultimatesquash

Reaction score
Trophy Points
taking your advise the best possible way or creating this to small size and decent quality would be to release it as a divx file.
i have the raw mpg and want to convert 2 divx or xvid. whats the best way to do this with best results?

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
use gordian knot.

ultimatesquash

Reaction score
Trophy Points
gordian knot is very confusing looking. but none the less your advise had been taken and after a long hard trawl through a tutorial it is now encoding to divx.
now my question would be how do i submit this then to your site? i was gonna upload it through my torrent program on torrent spy anywhere else i should upload it?

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
All I need is the torrent link. You can of course also upload to rapidshare.
Also you could send me the info for you edit by using the fellow faneditor access on fanedit.org

ultimatesquash

Reaction score
Trophy Points
that didnt work somehow managed to encode only 15 minutes. anyone fancy doing it for me if i send them the 15gb mpeg?

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
15gb mpeg?
Now THAT is a lot...
Of course I will help you to get this on one DL DVD, if no one else volunteers, but I am sure, you are going to figure this out on your own.

ultimatesquash

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i have the file waiting to upload as a torrent. how in the hell do i do that? i need tracks by the looks of things and im using utorrent if that helps anyone?
this movie is ready for seeding as long as someone shows me how to seed it?!

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
are you a member of demonoid ?
if yes, enter demonoid (if no enter piratebay)
--> click upload a torrent
- download THIS file and add it to the folder, where your fanedit is in (you have to create a folder, if your fanedit is just one file) (this is not needed for priatebay).
- acitvate "I understand and agree to the rules" and select the category "movies"
- click "next step"
- copy the tracker url (currently http://inferno.demonoid.com:3401/announce)
- now create the torrent with utorrent and add as tracker the above link
- fill out all the fields on demonoid and uplaod your torrent file
- click finsish upload

for piratebay:
- click upload torrent
- copy the tracker url (currently http://tpb.tracker.thepiratebay.org/announce)
- now create the torrent with utorrent and add as tracker the above link
- fill out all the fields on demonoid and uplaod your torrent file
- enter the code (maybe it will cause an error, then just enter the new code)
click "upload"

How big is your file now?

ultimatesquash

Reaction score
Trophy Points
3.48Gb now maybe a little bigger than it needed to be but anyhow it wouldn't fit on one cd or one dvd as a dvd so it now will fit on a dvd disc as a dvix file for dvix compatible dvd players and media players

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah, this should be a good quality size for an avi.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yes please post this including the info in torrents. Thanks and congratulations on finishing your first project.

ultimatesquash

Reaction score
Trophy Points
it wasn't that difficult of an edit merely just grasping new programs and overcoming errors of trying to encode such a huge file.
my next edit will be more of a fan edit in the true meaning of the phrase. i have a couple ideas banging about but this time round i'll leave them secret until i have them finish as im a very busy man and finding the time to do it would take ages. so stay tuned... also no probs when i back home ill post the info file link the torrent etc and clear my utorrent a little to at least get the file pumping out a little faster.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
it is now workingbetter, I get 20kb/sec.

ultimatesquash

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ah supercool. i bet your thinking 'this better be worth it' with all the questions and hasselhoff.

Top Bottom