• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Updated with cutlist. Halloween Kills now with 70% less evil dies tonights!

Ryantology

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Though I’ve been struggling hardcore lately when it came to editing, I figured why not do something that’s almost second nature to me at this point. I’d been intending to (and still will at some point) make a super cut of Halloween 2018 and Halloween Kills that clocks in at around 2hr20min but decided to just take a pass at Halloween Kills for now.

My intentions for this edit are to cut out a lot of the melodramatic dialogue, tone the gore down just a tad, delete some of the more obnoxious Easter eggs (“This is for Dr. Loomis” and “Everyone’s entitled to one good scare” are good examples). Though the “evil dies tonight” chants are impossible to eliminate entirely, I’ve really toned it down. Other changes would include Big John and Little John dying off screen and a rehaul of the ending. Gone is Laurie’s almost non-sensical monologue and we witness Michael overpowering the mob and Karen getting attacked at the same time. Seeing Michael escape the mob before Karen is stabbed really gives the whole game away. Hoping to have this completed by the 17th and if anyone would like to preview it please just let me know.

Will post a full cultist later.

Sounds like a fantastic edit, would be very interested in previewing
Great! I got a little hung up on a scene or two so it’s not quite done but I should be able to message you soon!

Happy to say I was able to complete my first pass and it feels really good to have been able to accomplish that with how I’ve been feeling lately. Below is a cultist for anyone interested. The theatrical cut was used for this edit with two additions from the extended cut added to it.

1. Trimmed Lonnie getting bullied.
  2. Added scene of Lonnie seeing Michael behind the bush from extended cut.
  3. Lonnie no longer mentions being sorry for bullying Tommy Doyle to Michael.
  4. Trimmed Lonnie’s responses to the cops.
  5. Cut cops dialogue right before Michael attacks him. Shot cropped to maintain continuity.
  6. Cut Loomis talking to Hawkins.
  7. Replaced music in opening credits with Halloween Kills End Credits.
  8. Heavily recut Tommy’s speech at the bar so there’s less melodrama and trimmed the flashbacks.
  9. Several trims to Michael attacking the firefighters.
  10. No longer see glass go through the elderly man’s throat.
  11. Attack on elderly woman trimmed to be a little less gory.
  12. Cut Julian from the TV newscast.
  13. Cut Marion saying “evil dies tonight.”
  14. Trimmed hallways conversation between Karen, Allyson, and Cameron.
  15. Cut Marion saying “this is for Dr. Loomis.”
  16. Trimmed scene of Michael stabbing Marcus in the eye.
  17. Cut Laurie calling her knife wound a paper cut.
  18. Cut Lonnie, Tommy, and Lindsay talking about sneaking into the Myers house when they were kids.
  19. Cut random woman and Brackett saying “evil dies tonight.”
  20. Lots of cuts to Karen talking to Laurie in her room. We no longer see Laurie stab herself with a needle.
  21. Lots of trims to the crowd chasing Tivoli. Many evil dies tonight chants eliminated.
  22. Trimmed Laurie and Hawkins talking.
  23. Reframed two shots of Tivoli in the corridor.
  24. No longer see the aftermath of Tivoli jumping.
  25. Big John and Little John die off screen. Entire second scene with them cut.
  26. Michael storms out of the closet earlier now.
  27. Trimmed Karen’s dialogue goading Michael.
  28. Cut Brackett saying “everyone deserves one good scare.”
  29. Entirety of Laurie’s final monologue cut.
  30. Restructured version of Michael’s Legacy used.
  31. Ending restructured so that we see how Michael escaped the mob at the same time we’re seeing Karen be attacked by him. Several clips from extended cut used.
  32. Michael seeing his reflection used as the final shot.

Last edited:
Nice cut list! That ending showing how Michael escaped the mob is really interesting.
Thanks! I did my first pass of the edit and have made all the big changes I wanted. Now I’ve just been touching up a few final things. I wasn’t sure how well it was going to work but I’m actually super happy with the restructured ending. It’s one of my favorite changes I’ve ever made to an edit.

So yeah, should be able to officially put this out in the world soon.

Hope your edit is going well!

Last edited:
On my first pass through this edit...awesome! I wouldn't change anything else. Love the ending!

Your editing is seamless. I had to check your cutlist to be sure that you cut things that I thought were supposed to be there.

You certainly redeemed this movie for me. It replaces the original in my Halloween collection. Good work, my friend! Poster coming soon!

On my first pass through this edit...awesome! I wouldn't change anything else. Love the ending!

Your editing is seamless. I had to check your cutlist to be sure that you cut things that I thought were supposed to be there.

You certainly redeemed this movie for me. It replaces the original in my Halloween collection. Good work, my friend! Poster coming soon!
Thank you so much! There were a few cuts that I feared may have been noticeable but I know you’re very thorough so I feel more at ease there. The cutlist above is about 90% accurate because it was from my first pass. The edit you watched was my third (and I think final) pass. The complete cutlist will be posted when I list this which should be very soon. Thanks again and looking forward to the poster! You do some amazing work.

ive also been working on a supercut of the two Blum movies.
https://forums.fanedit.org/threads/halloween-ii-redux-halloween-18-halloween-kills-combined.23746/

my cut is about ready for review :)
Awesome! I always love to see different takes on the Halloween franchise! I’m totally going to check yours out when it’s posted but I’m probably going to wait until I finish my super cut of the two movies. I think I’d just enjoy yours more once mine is fully locked down so I wouldn’t be taking idea from your edit even if it was just subconsciously. I know we both have the same framework for the beginning (78 flashback from Kills followed by asylum scene from Halloween 2018) but I’m sure we’ll branch off and have tons of differences from there. Good luck on your edit!

Thanks! I did my first pass of the edit and have made all the big changes I wanted. Now I’ve just been touching up a few final things. I wasn’t sure how well it was going to work but I’m actually super happy with the restructured ending. It’s one of my favorite changes I’ve ever made to an edit.

So yeah, should be able to officially put this out in the world soon.

Hope your edit is going well!
Nice! My edit is going well. Progress has been slow, but it's coming along.

Thanks to @emh and @LastSurvivor for leaving reviews for this!

Shout out to @emh for being the first person to review this and let me know I had something that was at least technically sound.

Knowing just how much LastSurvivor hated Kills from a conversation we had, I’m going to take an 8 enjoyment score from him as a badge of honor. Glad you didn’t totally despise it.

Knowing just how much LastSurvivor hated Kills from a conversation we had, I’m going to take an 8 enjoyment score from him as a badge of honor. Glad you didn’t totally despise it.
You really should... a fantastic editing job. It would literally be the only way I would want to watch the film again.... until I attempt an edit after Halloween Ends comes out ;)

Though I’ve been struggling hardcore lately when it came to editing, I figured why not do something that’s almost second nature to me at this point. I’d been intending to (and still will at some point) make a super cut of Halloween 2018 and Halloween Kills that clocks in at around 2hr20min but decided to just take a pass at Halloween Kills for now.

My intentions for this edit are to cut out a lot of the melodramatic dialogue, tone the gore down just a tad, delete some of the more obnoxious Easter eggs (“This is for Dr. Loomis” and “Everyone’s entitled to one good scare” are good examples). Though the “evil dies tonight” chants are impossible to eliminate entirely, I’ve really toned it down. Other changes would include Big John and Little John dying off screen and a rehaul of the ending. Gone is Laurie’s almost non-sensical monologue and we witness Michael overpowering the mob and Karen getting attacked at the same time. Seeing Michael escape the mob before Karen is stabbed really gives the whole game away. Hoping to have this completed by the 17th and if anyone would like to preview it please just let me know.

Will post a full cultist later.
This sounds so much better! Would love to watch.

Hi! I am very new to this website and i am wondering how i can watch this fan edit? If there is a link please let me know, have a good day

Back
Top Bottom