• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Up In The Air - Extended Edition

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally found a new project, its an easy one but I feel it will improve an already great film.
Theres about 15 minutes of deleted/alternate scenes on the dvd that really add to the emotional depth of George Clooney's character and would make the 3rd act feel less hurried/more impacting.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nice idea for an EE :)

theslime

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice. I loved the film, but I haven't seen the deleted scenes.
(To me the pacing of the theatrical cut was just fine, though. Still, it doesn't mean it can't be improved.)

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the deleted scenes were quite surprising and, awesomely enough, mastered and in the correct A/R. Assembling a EE should be a cakewalk and make a great movie different and possibly better.
Most focus on the period between Ryan and Natalie coming off the road and Ryan discovering Alex's secret. One in particular was quite odd and interesting.

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice idea.

I remember particularly liking the first scene with him on the plane, but can't really remember much else. I know I remember the space man scene being too out there for people to appreciate and I'd be torn whether I'd like it in the actual movie or not. There was some nice stuff on there, so good luck.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
this is completed, I just need to run through it for quality control and create some dvd artwork.
will add a changelog soon.
:smile:

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DVD artwork completed
DVD authoring completed
re-rendering film to correct a minor issue, final release should be available shortly.
Thanks for your interest :)

91m839.jpg

-----------------------------

Info:
original film name: Up In The Air
new film name : Up In The Air: Extended Edition
film studio name : Paramount
edit crew name : Elbarto1
Date Original Film Was Released : December 2009
Date Edit Was Released : April 2010
Original Runtime : 108 minutes
New Runtime : 121 minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added : 30 seconds cut/13 minutes added

Fanedit details:
Intention:
I liked the original and felt the deleted scenes offered additional depth to Ryan's emotional journey and provided an alternate version of the film.

Editing Details:
Re-inserted the deleted scenes back into the main film.

Cuts removed/added/extended:
Cut - Ryan falling into the water as it seemed like a cheap gag. Any redundant scenes present in the theatrical version.
Added - all deleted scenes, new music for end credits (Rogue Wave/Rural Alberta Advantage)

Tech Info:
Hardware and software information:
Vegas Pro 8
TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress
Besweet
VirtualDub MPEG2
PGCdemux
DVD Architect 4.5
Photoshop CS3

Release details:
DVD5 anamorphic widescreen 1.85:1 - 5.1 surround upmix - Interactive menu (static)

Time needed for the edition:
1 day editing, 1 week authoring

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
completely completed
available via RS

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lol I just noticed on my cover art the aspect ratio logo is incorrect - I'll slap together a fix.
:oops:

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
looks good dude, havent seen the theatrical version yet but if i like it i'll be grabbing this asap.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah I let my rapidshare acct die because I cant afford both MU and RS. I'll throw the links back up on MU soon.

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Excited to check this out .... loved the movie ..... excited to see the changes

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's a great example of how deleted scenes can completely change the tone of a film.. I really enjoyed this (I still owe Elbarto a formal write-up)

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i'll try to get it uploaded in the next few days. life is really hectic right now and most things slip my mind.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Don't worry, elb. Stick to the really important stuff. Edits can wait. :)

Top Bottom