• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Unpopular Opinions

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well for it to be a popular opinion wouldn’t it have to have some sort of critical mass of people that hold any opinion whatsoever on the subject? 😜

DirtyCop1036

Reaction score
Trophy Points
- Timothy Dalton is the perfect James Bond
- I never enjoyed any James Cameron films made after True Lies.
- Ben Affleck is a better Daredevil than Charlie Cox and Thomas Jane is a better Punisher than Jon Bernthal.
- Ang Lee's Hulk is an underrated and misunderstood Freudian gem.
- Doom is a kickass film and a good video game adaptation
- Uwe Boll's Postal makes me genuinely laugh.
- True Detective S02 is better than S01.

Please be merciful 🙏

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
- Ben Affleck is a better Daredevil than Charlie Cox and Thomas Jane is a better Punisher than Jon Bernthal.

Please be merciful 🙏
I don’t know anything about Postal or Doom and I don’t think I’ve seen S2 of True Detective, but otherwise none of that seems particularly unpopular to me. 🤷‍♂️

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Based on my first and very recent experience of the initial three films, Harry Potter is badly written and overrated, elevated mainly by the cast, music and some of the production design. I cannot comment on the books.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Please be merciful 🙏
FINALLY someone else who appreciates the Postal movie!
Agreed with the rest too, except for Doom and True Detective which I haven't seen.

fastng

Reaction score
Trophy Points
intersteller and avatar are boring and i sat through the lord of the rings trilogy EXTENDED editions and didn't fall asleep once.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rankin and Bass' Hobbit is better than the three Peter Jackson Hobbit movies combined.

Willow is the best fantasy adventure movie ever.

Ad Astra and avatar are boring and i sat through the lord of the rings trilogy EXTENDED editions and didn't fall asleep once.
FTFY ;)

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Emoji Think GIF

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
1. (Apparently) interstellar is great.
2. The star wars sequel trilogy is pretty good for the most part even if the conclusion is disappointing and is definitely infinitely better than the the prequel trilogy. Maybe not a hot take around here where people actually have a brain about how films work but say that that on most Internet spaces and be prepared for a huge headache in the responses.
3. Star Trek: Nemesis is flawed but also greatly underrated and is a highly understand movie and it's underlying personal themes are pretty powerful and particular to anybody with a mental illness or a form of multiple personality disorder or bipolar (such as myself) might actually find a hell of a lot to identify with in the film despite it's flaws. It might even be the best of the tng films IMHO.
4. Lord of the rings theatrical versions>>>>>> extended versions (unless you are watching them to sleep to or fulfill book expectation fantasies) and also the original 1080p bluray masters >>>>>> the recent remasters (for the theatrical cuts anyway but I know there are color issues and such with the extended versions but per my first point I don't really care, the original blu Ray editions of each film are the ultimate versions of the films for me)

Last edited:

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
1. (Apparently) interstellar is great.
2. The star wars sequel trilogy is pretty good for the most part even if the conclusion is disappointing and is definitely infinitely better than the the prequel trilogy. Maybe not a hot take around here where people actually have a brain about how films work but say that that on most Internet spaces and be prepared for a huge headache in the responses.
3. Star Trek: Nemesis is flawed but also greatly underrated and is a highly understand movie and it's underlying personal themes are pretty powerful and particular to anybody with a mental illness or a form of multiple personality disorder or bipolar (such as myself) might actually find a hell of a lot to identify with in the film despite it's flaws. It might even be the best of the tng films IMHO.
4. Lord of the rings theatrical versions>>>>>> extended versions (unless you are watching them to sleep to or fulfill book expectation fantasies) and also the original 1080p bluray masters >>>>>> the recent remasters (for the theatrical cuts anyway but I know there are color issues and such with the extended versions but per my first point I don't really care, the original blu Ray editions of each film are the ultimate versions of the films for me)
Yeah, Nemesis rocks. Hearing your thoughts on it a while back, I figured it'd be something I would enjoy. Having finally seen it, it's probably the TNG film I'd be most eager to watch again.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, Nemesis rocks. Hearing your thoughts on it a while back, I figured it'd be something I would enjoy. Having finally seen it, it's probably the TNG film I'd be most eager to watch again.
Awesome! Eventually I will give it a trimmed up version like I did with Generations.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
HARRY POTTER IS POO!

..books included. They are a hybrid rip off of JRR and CS Lewis. Sure, each generation has to have is cycle, but Potter may be deceent stories, but from a literature perseptive they read like a home assignment a 16 year old would put together. No elegance in writing, no depth and certainly not in the realms of say, GRR MArtin. It's world building is obvious, cliched and the names of virtually everything FEEL made up...not authentic.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
HARRY POTTER IS POO!

..books included. They are a hybrid rip off of JRR and CS Lewis. Sure, each generation has to have is cycle, but Potter may be deceent stories, but from a literature perseptive they read like a home assignment a 16 year old would put together. No elegance in writing, no depth and certainly not in the realms of say, GRR MArtin. It's world building is obvious, cliched and the names of virtually everything FEEL made up...not authentic.
Don't forget taking a lot from The Worst Witch.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Don't forget taking a lot from The Worst Witch.
Yes and Unseen University and Rincewind the Wizard in the Discworld novels. Another old magical school with shifting internal architecture. The Harry Potter innovation was making the wizard protagonist actually good at magic.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the names of virtually everything FEEL made up...not authentic.

Most of the names in HP are taken from, or inspired by, old-English, French, Latin etc language terms (much like Tolkien). e.g. Mal in Malfoy means bad. Severus comes from Latin, severe/stern. and the lycanthropic professor's surname name and first-name both have wolf meanings. The names are definitely not just made up, they were thought about a lot. I like the word play in the books too, like Diagon Alley.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Most of the names in HP are taken from, or inspired by, old-English, French, Latin etc language terms (much like Tolkien). e.g. Mal in Malfoy means bad. Severus comes from Latin, severe/stern. and the lycanthropic professor's surname name and first-name both have wolf meanings. The names are definitely not just made up, they were thought about a lot. I like the word play in the books too, like Diagon Alley.
Anyone who watches horror knows that a Lycanthrop is a werewolf...."Mal" is also obvious since it pre-fixes most bad stuff...Malady, Malnourished, Malcolm...(opps not that one).,..again, basic stuff covered in school...

Back to unpopular...Its POO!....with steam!

(ps...I will still respect you in the morning).

Last edited:

JosephDQuinn

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is truly the most unpopular opinion I've seen on this thread. I have never in my life seen a person share this opinion... congratulations on being the first!

For what it's worth, my unpopular opinion is that chocolate isn't very good. Dark chocolate especially. It's too bitter for my taste.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is truly the most unpopular opinion I've seen on this thread. I have never in my life seen a person share this opinion... congratulations on being the first!

For what it's worth, my unpopular opinion is that chocolate isn't very good. Dark chocolate especially. It's too bitter for my taste.

Lets double down...
HP has delusions of mediocre at best ...and that is after it has been improved by the talented faneditors....and i was just writing about the concepts etc in the written form not the execution.

Most of the young acting in it is wooden and lifeless...improved a bit as they polished their skills over the years...some that is...
So you throw a heap of money at the thesps to cushion the blow of mediocrity.

As far as chocolate is concerned: stop buying cheap chocholate bro!

Top Bottom