• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Unpopular Opinions

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The third one was the only reason I've revisited original trilogy after years of ignoring it. I still consider it to be best SW movie to date.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree in terms of competence and production values. Attack of the Clones (for me) is the most entertaining though, on a so-bad-it's-funny sorta level. I can't stand the third one.
This may be an increasingly unpopular opinion, I suppose, but I’ve long since given up hope on any of these movies. PM is probably the most competent, but it is wholly unnecessary to the overall story being told in the prequels IMO. People complain—rightly—about The Hobbit movies being stretched out too much, but really there’s only one movie’s worth of story in these prequels. It’s a story I don’t find much fault with from 30k feet. I made my own version of the prequels (using iMovie and my non-existent editing skills). It completely omits PM, uses only the investigation of the assassination attempt (told in the crawl) to introduce a few things. It’s a total of 30 minutes of runtime and almost completely omits Geonosis. A much tightened RotS then runs 1:30 (including credits). It wouldn’t pass muster here, and given the source material, has some issues. But it does show, IMO, that this whole story could’ve easily been told in a two hour movie.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^ I won't disagree. It's all relative, really. I still largely consider the SW prequels to be bad films. There are just some isolated moments that shine.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now Groundhog Day I can get behind.

Now Groundhog Day I can get behind.

Coincidence I Think Not GIF

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Clerks is best comedy, but I don't expect anyone to agree.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Pure Luck or There's Something About Mary are all laugh-every-three-minutes chucklefests.

The first time I saw Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, there was one scene that involved a fork that had me laughing for days. No other movie had made me laugh like that. My partner thought it was stupid. She had no sense of humour. Pure Luck is the same kind of movie. When he gets stung by the bee...Pure comic genius.

There's Something About Mary is a true comedic masterpiece. There are more laughs in that movie...

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Pure Luck or There's Something About Mary are all laugh-every-three-minutes chucklefests.

The first time I saw Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, there was one scene that involved a fork that had me laughing for days. No other movie had made me laugh like that. My partner thought it was stupid. She had no sense of humour. Pure Luck is the same kind of movie. When he gets stung by the bee...Pure comic genius.

There's Something About Mary is a true comedic masterpiece. There are more laughs in that movie...
I find most of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels forgettable but that Ruprick scene is an all-timer!

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ninja Turtles 3 isn't THAT bad, and I enjoyed it more than Secret Of The Ooze.

Top Bottom