• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Unpopular Opinions

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Was just talking with the better half and expressed an opinion that just floored her. And I thought, that’s a good idea for a thread. But please, let’s not use our unpopular opinions to just merely bash things others like. Keep it positive!

Anyway, so the opinion that she was floored by?

Mads Mikkelsen is my favorite Hannibal Lecter. Now, in fairness, she’s never really seen the show. But now I think I’m going to have to have her watch it. 🤣

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Was just talking with the better half and expressed an opinion that just floored her. And I thought, that’s a good idea for a thread. But please, let’s not use our unpopular opinions to just merely bash things others like. Keep it positive!

Anyway, so the opinion that she was floored by?

Mads Mikkelsen is my favorite Hannibal Lecter. Now, in fairness, she’s never really seen the show. But now I think I’m going to have to have her watch it. 🤣
Oh yeah, l've gotten that reaction too. You really have to see the show to believe it.

Now, everyone here is already famillar with my unpopular opinions, how l dislike Jurassic Park, how l think Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a masterpiece, how l find Highlander 2 to be far more enjoyable than the original, how l absolutely love Twilight Zone the Movie, how Attack of the Clones is my favorite Star War, how Rob Zombie is amongst my favorite directors, etc. I could go on all day. So after this post, l'm not going to bother restating the same old things l've been saying for years, in favor of sharing new opinions that l haven't already talked about.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh yeah, l've gotten that reaction too. You really have to see the show to believe it.

Now, everyone here is already famillar with my unpopular opinions, how l dislike Jurassic Park, how l think Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a masterpiece, how l find Highlander 2 to be far more enjoyable than the original, how l absolutely love Twilight Zone the Movie, how Attack of the Clones is my favorite Star War, how Rob Zombie is amongst my favorite directors, etc. I could go on all day. So after this post, l'm not going to bother restating the same old things l've been saying for years, in favor of sharing new opinions that l haven't already talked about.
Lol. 🤣 I fully had you in mind when starting this thread. Go for it!

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's a handful from me:

- I consider Quantum of Solace to be second best Craig's Bond (after CR), and Skyfall to be his very worst.
- I would rate Predator 2 and Alien 3 as high as their predecessors.
- I am dying of boredom when watching M:I movies.
- Nolan didn't do something I'd call a really good movie since TDK. And Dunkirk was the worst.
- Matt Reeves is a hack, third Apes and The Batman are terrible movies story-wise and have terrible pacing.
- Villeneuve's Dune is boring and unengaging, and Sicario is even worse.
- First TASM is best Spider-Man movie yet.
- Jurassic World is the best sequel in JP series.
- Prince of Persia is probably the best video game based movie since Mortal Kombat (1995).
- At World's End is the best POTC movie (and Dead Man's Chest is close second).
- every Terminator movie is worse than it's predecessor (and only 4 exist for me)
- Days of Thunder is better Top Gun than Top Gun (not better than TG:M though)
- Short Circuit is way better E.T. than E.T.
- I am not impressed by Kubrick's movies except Eyes Wide Shut, and Spartacus is the worst. Never watched 2001 and don't know if that will change.
- Reveng of the Sith is the best SW movie. Empire is overrated, I prefer New Hope over it.
- Black Sails is probably the best TV show I've ever watched.
- Gremlins 2 > Gremlins
- Creed is overrated and Creed II is way better.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
- I would rate Predator 2 and Alien 3 as high as their predecessors.
- Short Circuit is way better E.T. than E.T.
- ... Empire is overrated, I prefer New Hope over it..
- Gremlins 2 > Gremlins.
These l can agree with. I haven't seen all of the other ones you mentioned, and then a few of them l don't personally agree with but can at least understand. I don't think Creed is overrated, but l do still prefer the sequel.
As far as Matt Reeves, what's your opinion on Cloverfield?

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Something I watched once and forgot about it soon after. Certainly wasn't that bad as his last movies though, I'd need to look for my older opinion about it.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There’s not a ton I’d feel strongly was in need of rebuttal, but I’d like to remind everyone to keep it positive. This isn’t a thread to tell others their unpopular opinions are wrong. Also, while I appreciate the tendency is to provide opinions where one dislikes something popular, I hope that the majority of this thread can be sharing things most dislike, but you enjoy… or of that ilk. Again, I just want to steer this in the direction of the positive.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points

I agree. Hell, I'll go a step further; Anthony Hopkins is my least favourite Lecter*. He's too cartoonishly evil to take seriously.

*Haven't watched Hannibal Rising, so I can't gauge Gaspard Ulliel's performance.

krausfadr

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Norbit was a comedic masterpiece. Right in the blowhole.

Ryantology

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Batman Begins is a much better movie than The Dark Knight. DK has poor pacing and a weak script but was saved by Heath Ledger’s phenomenal performance.

Hugh Jackman is a terrible Wolverine.

Alien 3 is my favorite Alien movie.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
- Julie Newmar, Burgess Meredith, and Frank Gorshin are still the best Catwoman, Penguin, and Riddler.
- Star Trek the Motion Picture is a masterpiece and the best Star Trek film.
- Never Say Never Again is one of the best James Bond movies.
- Ghostbusters 2016 is funny stuff and second best Ghostbusters movie after the original.
- Wonder Woman 1984 and Birds of Prey are way more enjoyable than their reputation suggests.
- Zardoz is a brilliant film and concentrating on that memetic costume is missing the point.
- Halloween III is a great horror movie, dare I say more enjoyable than any of the Michael Myers ones.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^^ I don’t think that first one is that unpopular. 🤣

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The "Martha" scene in Batman Vs Superman is both earned and far more nuanced than it is given credit for.

Blade Runner is not very good.

Godzilla '98 is genuinely fantastic.

The RoboCop reboot is the second best RoboCop movie.

The Last Jedi is easily the best of sequels.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can’t resist

• One Eyed Jacks is the best and first spaghetti western
  • The Good, The Bad And The Ugly theatrical is better than extended and near perfect
  • 1977 Star Wars is not technically groundbreaking… Silent Running /2001 paved the way…Lucas just sped it all up.
  • Groucho Marx was the greatest philosopher of the 20th Century
  • John Ford and The Beatles hugely overrated
  • Extended Alien 3 is the best in the series
  • Primer is genius
  • Not a Fargo (movie) and the Big Lebowski fan …BORING!
  • Gene Kelly 1st, then Fred Astaire
  • Laurel & Hardy, Marx Bros and Abbott & Costello …period! 3 stooges, were rip-off merchants. Yuk!
  • I Love 1941!!!
  • The Wooden Horse is better than The Great Escape
  • New Dune is an empty pretty box
  • Blade Runner is poo without the Voiceover.
  • I think Down with Love is homage genius and one of my 10 perfect movies!!!
...and finally....(drum roll please)...
Social media is not in reality social. Getting out and meeting, is!
Make the effort…that’s how I met my wife and all my friends…

Last edited:

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, it is.

- Godzilla 1998 is the only Godzilla movie I like.
- Die Hard 2 is the only worthy sequel of original Die Hard
- The Expendables is perfect action movie, but both sequels are weak
- Under Siege and Above The Law are overrated and nowhere near Seagal's best
- Death Machine is great sci-fi movie that deserves to be better known
- Pain & Gain is probably the greatest comedy movie of XXIth century and has the best role Dwayne Johsnon ever played.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
- Julie Newmar, Burgess Meredith, and Frank Gorshin are still the best Catwoman, Penguin, and Riddler.
- Never Say Never Again is one of the best James Bond movies.
- Ghostbusters 2016 is funny stuff and second best Ghostbusters movie after the original.
- Wonder Woman 1984 and Birds of Prey are way more enjoyable than their reputation suggests.
- Zardoz is a brilliant film and concentrating on that memetic costume is missing the point.
- Halloween III is a great horror movie, dare I say more enjoyable than any of the Michael Myers ones.
Ditto across the board…esp STTMP and Zardoz…

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
One final one me from me…

Star Trek Continues is the best Trek of the 21st century…by far!!! And has the best last episode (2 parter) of any Trek made to date!

Yup… I said it!

Last edited:

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I Love 1941!!!
Totally agree
Wonder Woman 1984 and Birds of Prey are way more enjoyable than their reputation suggests.
Yep

As with all these lists they are subjective. Nostalgia can do wonders for a films reputation...just like an average looking musician suddenly becomes hot...because well they play the bass :) 🤟

Top Bottom