• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Unpopular Opinions

As far as chocolate is concerned: stop buying cheap chocolate bro!
I have consumed my fair share of expensive chocolate! You know how hard it is to split a dessert with a date at a fancy restaurant? She always wants the double-chocolate lava cake with hot fudge chocolate magma overflowing onto the plate- which is itself also somehow made out of chocolate! If I'm lucky it comes with a single scoop of vanilla ice cream, but alas, it's almost always adorned with a drizzle of chocolate syrup.

Now, you might be thinking, "Joe, why don't you simply suggest another dessert option that you'd find preferable?" Because no one wants to go on another date with the guy who says he'd rather have the strawberry cheesecake than the death-by-chocolate cake!

A lot of the time I find chocolate to be too sweet for me, I can't eat much at once. I do love dark chocolate though, and chocolate-flavored things are a whole other deal.

- Ben Affleck is a better Daredevil than Charlie Cox and Thomas Jane is a better Punisher than Jon Bernthal.

Agreed on Daredevil part. As for Punisher - I dont know, never watched series with Bernthal because Daredevil killed my whole interest in those shows.
But I like all three Punisher movies.

Easter eggs, while once kind of fun, have worn out their welcome and need to go away. I don’t want to see directors cameos, Wilhelm screams, R2D2 floating in the background, or anything else that only serves as a nod and a wink to take you out of the immersion of a film and remind you you’re watching a product.

Easter eggs, while once kind of fun, have worn out their welcome and need to go away. I don’t want to see directors cameos, Wilhelm screams, R2D2 floating in the background, or anything else that only serves as a nod and a wink to take you out of the immersion of a film and remind you you’re watching a product.
Ditto to mid/after credits scenes. They don't have any impact anymore and could easily just be at the end of the film where those kinds of scenes used to go.

Pg13 movies are for children. I get the demographic shift - movie theater sales are mostly from/for kids and adults stay home and Netflix and chill. So, studios got wise and the world of rated r movies ended and now everything is kid friendly and kind of disrespectful to adult intelligence. We’re left holding the bill and have to search out independent films or smaller release films. I was thinking that maybe a possible solution would be pg15 ? Not as heavy as a rated r film but also does not have to be appropriate for a 13 year old to watch alone! Pg15 could have a more serious tone less exposition and maybe curse words.

Pg13 movies are for children. I get the demographic shift - movie theater sales are mostly from/for kids and adults stay home and Netflix and chill. So, studios got wise and the world of rated r movies ended and now everything is kid friendly and kind of disrespectful to adult intelligence. We’re left holding the bill and have to search out independent films or smaller release films. I was thinking that maybe a possible solution would be pg15 ? Not as heavy as a rated r film but also does not have to be appropriate for a 13 year old to watch alone! Pg15 could have a more serious tone less exposition and maybe curse words.
I’d like to see the un-trimmed Galaxy Quest….you can feel the trims.

I’d like to see the un-trimmed Galaxy Quest….you can feel the trims.
That’sa great point sometimes the dvd will have the r version of a movie - maybe they can do that for late showing in the movie theater. They could show the r versions at night no kids allowed. Just sad to think of a world with no movie theaters

That’sa great point sometimes the dvd will have the r version of a movie - maybe they can do that for late showing in the movie theater. They could show the r versions at night no kids allowed. Just sad to think of a world with no movie theaters
I just booked to see Ant Man at my local...far better on a BIG screen

I can't stand The Sound of Music and EVERYTHING by Rogers and Hamerstein

I thought James Gunn's 'The Suicide Squad was a pretty bad movie. It had some good moments like the Peacemaker twist and pretty much everything that happened inside Jottenheim, but overall I thought it had a really inconsistent tone, it could never decide whether people dying was supposed to be tragic or funny or just not matter at all, and in the end I didn't really feel like anything that happened had mattered at all.
Every character development was either pointless or immediately reversed, and the only difference between the beginning and end of the movie is that Corta Maltese is now lead by generic good-guy rebel instead of generic bad-guy dictator, and the Surviving members of the Squad are now free. What are they going to do with their freedom? Who knows? Who cares?
Even the guy who spent the whole movie increasingly objecting to Wallers unethical activities wasn't the guy who stood up to her in the end. It was a random woman who barely had a line before that. And what were the consequences of them betraying Waller? Nothing. As far as we know, they didn't even get their pay docked.
So all in all I feel it was a pointless movie with no consistent tone or identity, and it got by purely on dumb jokes, flashy visuals, and a tangential relationship to Guardians of the Galaxy.

Some unpopular opinions I have are:

- Star Wars: The Last Jedi is a great Star Wars film despite its flaws (The Rise of Skywalker wasn't THAT bad but it definitely has serious issues). I might as well just put the whole Sequel Trilogy into this. However, I will say that Hal9000's edits of these films are better in my opinion.

- The Kelvin Timeline Star Trek films are good films and helped revive Star Trek for a new audience.

- Spielberg's 2005 adaptation of War of the Worlds was amazing and is the best alien invasion movie ever made (even better than Independence Day). It is also superior to the 1953 film.

- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a good film (despite the infamous nuking the fridge scene).

- The Three Stooges 2012 film did a great job in recapturing the magic of the original shorts and is an overall funny film (I actually don't know too much of what people thought of this film so I'll put this here just in case).

Yeah, that's all I can list.

Last edited:
And here we...go *Cracks Knuckles*

Sam Raimi's Spider-Man is the best one in the trilogy not Spider-Man 2.

The 2003 Hulk movie is a near perfect masterpiece and the comicbook like sliding panel effects are cool.

Heroes who kill the bad guys in fiction with no qualms are better than heroes who refuse to kill the bad guy and keep letting them go to cause more havoc.

Final Fantasy VII didn't need a remake.

What is now considered non canon is more canon than the things that are now being declared as official canon as the pre existing canon came first therefore making it more canon than the new established canon.

There are good Simpsons episodes beyond the classic era and the movie itself is also pretty good.

The Last Jedi is not a subversive masterpiece if anything it tries way to hard to be subversive in an attempt to be original thus making it less original than it's trying to be and has the writing equivalent of a bad rushed fanfiction posted by an angry redditor.

Unless a character in fiction is established to have resurrection powers from the get go or the outside forces behind said resurrection are either established or foreshadowed than once said character or characters die there death should remain permanent for the rest of the story.

If a multimedia franchise ends it should not receive a 10-20+ continuation or reboot years later as such attempts ruin the original integrity of said franchise and transform it into a souless cash cow. (When something is intended to be an ending....LET IT BE AN ACTUAL ENDING!!!)

Overrated is a non existent phrase and expression that simply doesn't work as it implies that one has rated a multimedia product too much for the concept of ratings to even be a thing.

Those behind the UK movie rating certification management can't tell the difference between a +15 movie and an 18+ movie as a 15 feels like an 18 and an 18 feels like a 15.

Physical Media is better than digital media as you only have to pay for it once than you own it for the remainder of your life without having to pay extra and without worrying about hackers stealing your precious data.

Summer shouldn't exist it's to hot and is such a filler season.

Manga is literature and Anime is a proper genre.

Romance conflicts in fiction aren't compelling, they are boring at best and convoluted and pace breaking at worst.

Being an introvert doesn't make you a weirdo.

Humans technically can fly without transportation you just gotta get creative.

Dark and brooding characters in DND campaigns have better character development and understanding of teamwork than all those multicoloured happy go lucky characters that other players end up creating for their sessions.

Comedy is subjective.

Movies don't necessarily need to be three to four hours long to be considered epic masterpieces.

Cinema film showings should be separated into two different rooms for each film ''First time viewing room'' and ''Repeated viewing room'' for the First time viewing rooms you can only bring yourself into the cinema and must remain silent and for the repeated viewing rooms people are free to bring in anything they desire and talk as loud as they deem necessary.

Internet memes don't die some people just happen to pick inopportune moments to use certain internet memes at the wrong time and place.

What exactly makes good pacing and what defines pacing is open to interpretation and completely subjective and not concrete.

Just because the majority says something sucks or something rocks doesn't mean you need to agree with them based on that principle.

Alcohol increases your ability to drive.....I jest.

Cinema film showings should be separated into two different rooms for each film ''First time viewing room'' and ''Repeated viewing room'' for the First time viewing rooms you can only bring yourself into the cinema and must remain silent and for the repeated viewing rooms people are free to bring in anything they desire and talk as loud as they deem necessary.
The guy rummaging through the extra large bag of thick sliced kettle chips adds to the theater experience.

Just picturing it made me chuckle to myself.

I probably have many more, but I’ll start here.

The first Amazing Spider-Man with Andrew Garfield is the best Spider-Man movie.

Also everyone claims The Wire is one of the greatest shows ever - while I enjoyed The Wire - The Shield on FX was a far better show and one of the best TV shows I’ve ever watched!

I probably have many more, but I’ll start here.

The first Amazing Spider-Man with Andrew Garfield is the best Spider-Man movie.
Sorry I’m going through this entire thread and it’s very entertaining - I also see someone else had this opinion so I feel completely justified now!

Keeping it to cinema :
-Barry Lyndon is the most interesting movie made by Kubrick
-The Hateful 8 is Tarantino's best movie, Once Upon a time in Hollywood is his worst
-I'm not sure what is the best comedy ever, but all of those which were mentioned to this point are worse than UHF, imo.

And here I am trying to think of any movie that I’ve enjoyed with VO. Hmm…
Shawshank Redemption and Memento have lots of VO and are very good. Leading me to state that:
Nolan really peaked with Memento, everything else he did was somewhat derivative with more budget, imo.
And the dark night is only good because of the Joker scenes.

Rankin and Bass' Hobbit is better than the three Peter Jackson Hobbit movies combined.

Willow is the best fantasy adventure movie ever.

FTFY ;)
1- Three Peter Jackson Hobbit movies combined should never be a point of comparison, because it is a contender for the throne of boredom, imo.
2- I think you are right to state that Willow is the best fantasy adventure movie ever in a thread named Unpopular Opinions only because KRULL is a way better fantasy adventure movie, imo.

Summer shouldn't exist it's to hot and is such a filler season.
I agree with half of the things you said, but especially that one
--Summer is overrated--

The guy rummaging through the extra large bag of thick sliced kettle chips adds to the theater experience.

Just picturing it made me chuckle to myself.
this is a very unpopular opinion imo. So you may win this thread, imo.

And acronyms are not saving us time, immho.

Back
Top Bottom